1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advice (newbie)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by louishm, Jun 13, 2005.

1. louishm

louishm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    HI ALL..
    I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A NEW HOUSE WHICH HAS A LARGE CELLAR ROOM WHICH I WANT TO TURN INTO A HOME THEATRE AND I HAVE ALREADY BEEN GETTING THE STUFF TOGETHER BUT WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD EVERYTHING..
    1: EPSON EMP-TW10
    2: Panasonic Sc-dt110 Home Cinema 5.1 Dvd Player
    3: Sony SFCR500H (5 speaker package)
    5: 6 IN 1 OUT VIDEO SELECTOR (MAPLINS)
    6: XBOX
    7: PS2
    8: VCR (JUST FOR THE TUNER)

AS YOU CAN SEE MY FINANCES AT THE MOMENT ARE LIMITED AS THE HOUSE AND THE BUILD OF THE ROOM WILL EXHAUST MY WALLET.
    I AM GOING TO USE THE DVD PLAYERS AMP FOR MY SOUND AND I WILL PROBABLY GET AN AV RECIEVER IN THE FUTURE
    BUT I JUST WANTED TO CHECK TO SEE IF I HAD EVERYTHING IN PLACE TO START THIS PROJECT

THANKS

2. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    You seem to have all bases covered, does the above also include amplification. Also are you having the cellar tanked etc or is it a dry room.

3. louishm

louishm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    we have just had the survey done and paid extra to have a proper damp check done on the cellar and it came back "no damp" and the surveyer said the rooms were suprisingly dry.
    my dvd player is a panasonic 5.1 with two extra av inputs so for now i will use these to produce sound for my other inputs, i am using this at the moment on my normal tv and it works fine with my xbox and ps2

thanks
    paul