• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Need Advice....New Bedroom TV

Valo^

I'm about to move in to my new home which has just finished being adapted to suit my needs.

I'm looking for a new TV for my bedroom and I'd like some advice.

Requirements
  • 40" - 42" Screen
  • LED - With good picture quality
  • Freeview HD
  • Smart TV Services - Netflix & Amazon Instant Video along with catchup services (iPlayer, 4OD etc)

Budget £500.00

If anyone has any recommendations for both pan/tilt and swing arm brackets, that would also be great.

vickster

Distinguished Member
Panasonic 42e6b?

Ossie77

As its going in the bedrm does that mean you'll watch with the TV with the lights off? If thats the case I'd be looking at plasma not LED as they perform better in the dark. I never understood TV's in bedrooms anyway!!!

Valo^

It'll be a mixture of different viewing times during the day and night, with lights on and off.

My main requirement is a TV with a good quality picture that has catchup TV services along with Netflix and LoveFilm streaming built-in.

Ossie77

If you could stretch stretch budget to £650 it would get you the Samsung UE40H6400. This has all of the apps you need, swivels and also has good black levels for an LED. The backlight is also direct lit so should perform better in darker conditions than an edge lit set. Could be what you're looking for. Loads of reviews if you google it!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom