Question Need Advice looking to buy a TV for bedroom

Hocking88

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys so I am after some help. I have just had to move home to my parents house temporarily and want to get a new TV, if for no other reason as to give me some space.

Anyways, ideally I want a 42" screen as when I sort myself out I can take it with me and use. I have looked at a few different ones and just want opinions. Budget is difficult to say, I would say maximum £600. If it was that type of figure I would want it to be 4K. Other than that I am mainly looking for value for money.

I will be using it mainly for playing PS4, using Netflix and watching blu rays. In the future possibly SKY but not at the moment.

This was always be a TV for a bedroom, as I have a 55" plasma where I previously lived and eventually will replace that when 4K really takes off. Anyway here are what I have seen so far. Obviously open to other suggestions...

LG 42UB820V | 42 inch 4K Ultra HD LED Smart TV Freeview HD | Richer Sounds

Buy LG 42UB820V 42 Inch 4K Ultra HD Freeview HD Smart LED TV at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Televisions.

Sony BRAVIA KDL42W706B Silver | 42 inch LED Smart TV 1080p HD Freeview HD | Richer Sounds

Buy LG 42LB5500 42 Inch Full HD LED TV at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Televisions.

Buy Sony KDL42W705BBU 42 Inch Freeview HD Smart LED TV at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Televisions.

So there are a few links to what I have seen, as you can see for some reason I have swayed towards LG and Sony. If you can suggest anything else please do. The prices vary greatly, I guess it needs to be top spec and offer great performance for my to pay for the most expensive ones if that makes sense.

Thanks in advance

Ok cool, I have seen a few 4k TVs between 40 and 42 inches, do you think these will highlight the picture improvement or do you need bigger screen to get the effect?

Bigger and a better one I would think. Have a read of the owner thread for the LG, find other threads through search function

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom