Need advice for my first projector !

Pablocus02

Novice Member
Hello everyone ! I am a newbie on this forum, so it's nice to join you here. My name is Pablo I live in Brussels Belgium and I'm looking forward to buy my first projector !
  • My budget ? Max 1000€. With some deals I can get PJs that originally cost 1200-1300€.
  • The place of use? A living room, with a max throw distance of about 3,50m-4m. There is a very large window with curtains. But in Brussels the sun is always away haha..
  • My needs? Watching movies / playing PS5 in full hd or 4k if possible !
  • The product I am aiming for ? An Epson eh-tw7000. Seems like a good one for this price range, apparently the best low cost 4k, and 3LCD ! Unfortunately the tw7100 is out of my league... Plus it's good to know that I won't have to deal with any rainbow effect or feel exhausted after watching 10h of LOTR, which is an old habit I have :)
What do you think of this choice ? Would you recommend any other one ? Sometimes I feel like getting an old Epson Full Hd tw740 that costs half the price (499€) because I don't know if getting a 1000 bucks PJ is worthy or no....

I need your advices old masters of the projectors !

Thank you very much for your answers 😊

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
I’d do some reading on light control

Pablocus02

Novice Member
Hello IWC, are you talking about the natural ligh flow of my living room? If so, can you advice some readings / articles? The thick curtains + projecting on the darkest side of the room should be enough for an afternoon film screening...

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom