Need advice for multi-room / zone setup

PlaTyPuS

Standard Member
Hi!

Before I ask my question, here is my current setup:
  • Denon x3300
  • Teufel Motiv 3 (5.1 system)
  • 2 Polk Audio atmos speakers

I would like to bring the sound which is played in my living room to my kitchen. When I'm cooking and still want to listen to the music or follow a soccer game, I currently need to increase the volume in my living room so I can hear something from my kitchen.... far from ideal :-(.

I'm also planning to change the speakers I have in my living room by some other ones, so I could maybe use 2 of the current one (Teufel motiv) in the kitchen, but as they're not wireless there's maybe a simpler solution.

What would be the best solution? The AVR I have don't have HEOS built-in, and what I understood of those streaming solution (airplay2, heos, bluesound) is that it would not work if I'm watching a soccer game right (as I'm watching those from a shield pro, as almost all other content btw)?

So at the end I'm not sure about the solution I have to be able to play a sound from my shield to my living room & kitchen at the same time (sound should be perfectly in sync!!! very important!). Distance between my living room & kitchen (cable wise) would be something like ~30m.

Thanks for your advices.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
As is often the case with how AVR's handle a second, third or fourth Zone your AVRX-3300 come's with a few limitations.

Assuming you stick with a 5.1 system in the Main Zone you can use the additional 'assignable' loudspeaker outlets to power a pair of wired speakers in Zone 2 - however that means listening to a different Source in Zone 2 or ensuring the Source being listened to in the Main Zone is set/limited/down-mixed to stereo PCM (2.0) when you wish to simultaneously listen in Zone 2.

The AVR does have a Zone 2 Line out which you could connect a Wireless Transmitter to and send signals to a matching Receiver device powering passive speakers in Zone 2.

If you want 'perfect' sync you are always best to consider a wired solution as any form of wireless solution has the capability to add delay to teh signal as it is processed through the wireless kit.

Joe

PlaTyPuS

Standard Member
thx Joe for your reply.

As all channels are already taken, I'm running 7.1 (atmos setup) in the main area. I will need to upgrade my receiver to at least a 9.2, so I can use 2 channels in the kitchen (+ maybe a sub).

But if I upgrade my receiver, I will have heos (& also airplay 2) available, so don't know if it's changing the equation.

+ do you think 30m of audio cable is still ok?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom