need advice for buying speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ism, Jul 7, 2015.

1. ism

ism
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys, I've been thinking of upgrading my sound system to something a bit bigger. I had my heart pretty much settled on Dali Zensor5 and Wharfedale Diamond 10.7.
    My current system is Denon AVR 1713 with front Monitor Audio BX2 and center is JBL 225C. My room size is medium size but not sure about the dimensions.
    I need some advice which speakers are match with my current system? Do I need to upgrade amp too? If need, what amp should I buy?

Would really appreciate some advice :)
    Thanks in advance, ISM

2. sims

sims

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    Do you have a subwoofer? That's be my first port of call if not.

Speaker wise.....upgrade options depend on whether you have a sub and also budget.

3. ism

ism
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Sims,
    I don't have sub. But I just borrow infinity primus ps28 from my friend. After I tested, the bass a bit boomy. When i want to listen music, i prefer crispy clear and tight bass.Also I don't HV a lots of $$ to spend for 1 sub. For SB/1000 cost around 500. Any advice
    Really appreciate it.
    Thanks

4. sims

sims

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    Did you run audyssey again after connecting the sub? It shouldn't sound boomy after that as your AVR has audyssey XT. Be sure to do multiple readings all around the main listening position and any bloated bass shouldn't be there.

I take it you are in the USA then? If you are then SVS do a 45 day money back if you don't like it, and an SVS SB1000 or 2000 if you can stretch would give you so much more extension and take the strain off your amp if you cross them over with your speakers around 80hz.

If you're looking to upgrade your amp then something with Audyssey XT32 would be my recommendation. Accessories4less do a refurb Denon x4000 for $599 which is pretty ridiculous for that level of AVR.

So my recommendation would be look at getting a decent sub in your room and see if that works for you. After that getting an AVR with Audyssey XT32 will help even your bass response a little better than the Audyssey XT you've currently got. Then if you feel the bass is how you like it you can look at speakers further down the line, but you wouldn't need big floorstanders like the Zensor 5 as you don't need the deeper bass from the speakers as the sub is handling those frequencies, so a bookshelf speaker would be a better investment.

5. ism

ism
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I'm from Singapore. I haven't use yet Audyssey XT for Infinity.
    Here svs sub is around sgd1000.Too much expensive for me. My budget is bet 300-500. Any recommend?
    At the moment I will use Infinity sub .
    Thanks again.