Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Need Advice about Faulty(?) Toshiba RD-XS30

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by OkUThinkOfAName, Aug 18, 2003.

1. OkUThinkOfAName

OkUThinkOfAName
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

Appoligies for the long post but could someone give me their opinion on the following.

I have a Toshiba RD-XS30 bought from Empire Direct, after two weeks it started to loose the stations and starts up with the initial settings screen. This means I have to retune all the stations and set the clock manually. Now this happens after the power has been off for about 20 mins, but it worked fine for 2 weeks with it being disconnected overnight.

The Toshiba helpline say this is normal!!. I don`t beleive this, can anyone clarify this.

I mean what is the point of having the autosetup clock if the stations are lost and there is no BBC1 to set the clock from? This means if I set the timer to record and there is a power cut then it was a waste of time, my 6 year old video can hold the stations months when no power.

I really feel this is a faulty machine but if anyone has one please let me know your opinion.

TIA

Des.

2. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I do not know this kit but are you switching it off at the mains, if so can you just leave in standby?

3. OkUThinkOfAName

OkUThinkOfAName
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can leave it on standby, but we always unplug everything when unattended or at night due to an electrical fire sometime ago.

But I need to know if it is normal for this machine, if not, I want to have it replaced.

4. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Some how I think most kit will need some form of resetting after a power break.In my experience this is a variable cure or pain eg. cure if Sky misbehaves and needs resetting and a pain with clock resets eg. JVC 7500 svhs.
    Not wanting to preach and NOT being an electrician but are MCB's RCD's etc a safer thing these days?