Need a TV stand that can fit large KEF Q600C centre speaker... a TV wall mount isn't an option for me

ForSanitysSake

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi AV Forum

I am having trouble with finding a TV stand that will fit the large KEF Q600C neatly.

Do you have any recommendations of stands that can integrate that size of speaker?

Here are the dimensions: 210 mm (H): 629 mm (W): 302 mm (D)

Are there many non custom options?

p.s
this is my first post after a bit of lurking so please be kind :)

I had the same problem with the Q200C. My first thought was to place the TV actually on the speaker itself. I checked with KEF giving the weight of my then plasma TV at 33kg and was told that the cabinet build would easily take the weight. However I decided on a bespoke bridge from HiFi Racks to sit on the cabinet, picture below. The physical size of the KEF centres do pose a problem.
169014423.3oX2AMVS._DSC4302.jpg

I had the same problem with the Q200C. My first thought was to place the TV actually on the speaker itself. I checked with KEF giving the weight of my then plasma TV at 33kg and was told that the cabinet build would easily take the weight. However I decided on a bespoke bridge from HiFi Racks to sit on the cabinet, picture below. The physical size of the KEF centres do pose a problem.
View attachment 1265148

I love this as a solution as I'd prefer not to have to TV directly on my speaker to reduce vibrations transferred to my TV.

How did you go about getting this made? Would you mind sharing a rough figure of how much they might quote for something like that?

I m also having trouble with this problem. But suddenly I made a solution & I will share u later.

I love this as a solution as I'd prefer not to have to TV directly on my speaker to reduce vibrations transferred to my TV.

How did you go about getting this made? Would you mind sharing a rough figure of how much they might quote for something like that?
It was over five years ago now and it was made by HiFi Racks, it wasn't a cheap option costing around £150 but it's made from solid oak and beautifully finished. This is the range so if interested best give them a ring to discuss a bespoke measurement.

I have mine on an Alphason Element av stand from the Plasma centre
My TV is wall mounted though

I have mine on an Alphason Element av stand from the Plasma centre
My TV is wall mounted though

Hello there,
Can I ask, what are the Alphason stands like? Are they worth the money? I can't seem to find many reviews of them. I have my eye on an Alphason Element Modular 1700 to go below a wall mounted OLED.
Thanks!!

I am very pleased with the unit I have. It takes the weight. I have all of my kit in my sig in it. The turntable is in there as well and does not move due to footfall.
hopefully the photos show it

image.jpg

Flat pack
it is a lot heavier than an ikea unit

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom