• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Need a supplier for a good manual Blackout Blind for 2.4m wide door

childejc

I'm after a manually operated blackout blind for my 2.4m wide, 2.05m high sliding door. I want the blind to fit into a track on each side of the door recess to ensure all the light is blocked. Surfing the net I have found many sites that sell blackout blinds, but none have mentioned having a track for it to run in - they all seem to simply drop down and allow light round the sides, which is no good.

Has any one got any suggestions for this? Can you suggest a suitable supplier? My room will be getting plastered soon and I want to ensure I get the tracks fitted before then, so this is becoming quite urgent - I hope someone can help...:lease:

Thanks

Light Designer

Standard Member
Hi Childe,

I have installed a variety of window systems and was a fan of Silent Gliss, however I have recently completed Sivoia training/accreditation and can say without a shadow of a doubt they are the best product on the market. They can be supplied with side channel and ceiling pocket to completely hide the drive and blind system, the biggest bonus is they really are virtually silent unlike any other on the market.

If you want more info let me know.

childejc

Thanks for the suggestion. However, do they do manually operated blinds? That is, not electrical. I could not see this on the distributor sites I checked. Given they will be closed most of the time I really don't need them to be powered.

childejc

Just called them. Unfortunately they are too far from where I live (Leeds), but did give some useful information.

It seems I will have a problem getting a blind that fits into the door recess due to the door handles, and a bigger problem is that the sliding door opens inwards before sliding, which won't leave enough room for the blind. If its in the recess. The lady I spoke to mentioned a cassetted blind, which fits into runners. Can these be fitted outside the door recess onto the inside wall? Obviously the blind would need to be an inch or two wider, and it would not look as good, but that's not too important in my case.

Also, can you suggest any suppliers in the North, ideally near Leeds?

Thanks

Light Designer

Standard Member
I am based in Derbyshire (40 mins away) let me have a look at it over the next couple of days and i will see if I can sort something out for you with a sensible price and with local support

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom