Need a quick iMovie 08 user feedback!

Discussion in 'Apple Forum' started by Tenex, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Tenex

Tenex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,063
    :lease:

I'm thinking of buying iDive http://www.aquafadas.com/idive-digital-video/index.html which is an app that catalogues your iMovie projects/camcorder footage in an iPhoto style interface - its available for 1/2 price ($35) until around midnight.

Can an iMovie 08 user tell me if it does anything like this as I don't want to buy something that will be redundant when I trade up to new kit for Leopard.

Thanks

2. Eddy.

Eddy.
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    iMovie 08 catalogues all the video clips on the system and stores them together. The clips can be be sorted into events a la iPhoto 08.

Hope that helps.

3. Tenex

Tenex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,063
    Thanks. I bought it anyway as I don't have enough external HDD real estate to store all my camcorder tapes so this can be used for indexing purposes. Has some nice printing features too.

4. Bl4ckGryph0n

Bl4ckGryph0n
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16,209
    Looks interesting, though I can't help but think that with the low prices of hard drives it is easier to use iMovie and have the clips immediately ready to hand without any further importing....I'm loving it as it allows me to take clips from various events which otherwise wouldn't happen due to cleaning up after importing tapes again....

5. Tenex

Tenex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,063
    Agree/disagree. HDD prices are indeed low and falling but I wouldn't revisit old footage often enough to justify having it available all the time, then there's the ever present possibility of HDD failure etc. That's the same reason I archive old avi's etc I may have enjoyed watching them and may again in the future but its probably some way off.

I like their contact sheet printing options, quite a good way to summarise footage and great for making DVD covers.

6. Bl4ckGryph0n

Bl4ckGryph0n
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16,209
    Fair points, although I have to have a HDD Failure...But in that event there are still the tapes, so a combination is probably good....

I absolutely love CD Labelprint for covers of all sorts and printing on the CD DVD direct as well.....It supports importing the artwork/themese from iDVD to make a very consistent products; i.e. insert in jewelcase/dvd case, cd/dvd itself surface print and the themes on the movie from the menu's to the lower thirds all the same.....

Plus it allows for easy printing and tracklistings from iTunes including coverart as well....Just a little other tip....