Need a plasma for £2000ish! Help!

N

neonmod

Hi,

I've been looking for a plasma for around £2000 and i have looked at the following choices.

Panny 42" PHD7
Hitachi 42" 5200 ( seems good but i have read a few bad things about 2x vertical res and not a true 1024 panel!)

I am also interested in NEC 42/43" and Pioneer PDP435fde.

Which ones will i be able to get for around £2000ish that will have a decent native res for use with High Def and provide a DVI or HDMI, RGB and component connection.

I don't want speakers or a tuner board as i will be using Sky+ and a HC amp.

Could anyone help me in what will be the best pick of the above and where can i get one from?

Any help would be much appreciated as it is has been a long road to find the ONE!

NM.

PHD7 will be £2.4k for a while longer (not as throat cut as PW7 prices......) PWD7 in easy easy reach! you need to go see the Hitachi, and i suggest you wait for the reports on the Fujitsu VHA40 to roll in mate...........3 weeks max!
PS Demo Demo Demo.........

EDIT or get a PWD7 and have enought left over for new speakers............ :smashin:

Hi HD,

Not too sure about the PW7, i think the picture is way too dark like the PW6 (neighbour had one but he swapped it for a 5200 because of the dark PQ) but i have heard a lot of good reports about the PHD7 (believe you tested this model).

Hmm might wait a few weeks but i have noticed the PHD prices coming down!

But i will look into the Fujitsu VHA40!

Unless someone convinces me otherwise!

NM.

room abience is very good , dimmer lights and a cool blue 12" mini Florescent behind the panel position.

NM.

Hmm,

I need to do some thinking here!

Isn't this panel 852 x 480, really looking for a higher res one like 1024 x 768!

Who will i get the best price from including the connectivity i need?

What model number should i be looking for as there seems to be alot of different PW7's about?

I have a JL in cheadle near me, maybe do a price match with them?

I will have to find somewhere that has one on display so i can check it out!

NM.

Neon, you gonna run this with the PC? Or just video sources? The Pio MXE might well be worth considering, you can run it with no video board for PC inputs, then maybe add the Aurora card for HDCP when it's out. That's true XGA. It's not a JL screen, but is obtainable at £2k with no board for certain.

Hi Maw,

Wish it could be so but i have

Denon 1910 - Dvi input but can use HDMI with cable,
VGA PC out - VGA input
Xbox and (scaled)component PC out - 750amp switched - Component input

So i need Dvi, VGA and component connectivity on the panel.

If i was to look into this screen you mention, what boards would i need and what would the total cost be.

Im thinking that i may be able to stretch a little further but the PHD7 seems just out of my reach!

NM.

I may now be able to stretch to £2500 and still researching!

I have come to the conclusion at the mo that two panels look very attractive!

Panasonic 42PHD7
Pioneer PDP-43MXE1

Any help to the pros cons of these panels please!

Any major reviews anywhere?

NM.

Hi Guys

I can also thinking buying a Plasma at this price range and been thinking :
Panny Viera - TH42PE, or the
Panny - PHD7

Advice please :

The Viera has a much lower resoluation [852 x 480] compared with the [1024 x 768] I think of the PHD7, will this make a big difference to the picture quality ?

Any advice on which one is better. My preference at the moment is the TH42PE as it has all the integrated speakers, tuner etc but I am concerned about the picture quality.

Thanks

SL

Hi,

The more pixels that are present in the screen the better the resolution so a higher pixel count will effectively give you a better picture especially where high definition video is is used!

Good luck in your search but if you are considering the same as me you will need more towards the £2500 mark else you will be limited to lower res screens as i have found out!

Hope that helps!

NM.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom