1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a plasma AV stand, but don't want to see all the separates!

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by alanfcross, Mar 23, 2005.

1. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having moved to plasma, and wanting to upgrade to HC, I need a bigger stand than I currently use, which is an enclosed piece of polished furniture about 30" wide, for a 28" TV on top and with space for a few separates behind wooden doors below. I need something about the dimensions of the Alphason AD3/105 (especially with angled rear corners), but would like a 'box' rather than glass and pillars. I really don't want my motley collection of satRx, DVD, STB and VCR on show, with all its cabling. I know ventilation is an issue, but it could have a perforated base and open back. Smoked doors would be fine, if the remotes will work through them, otherwise solid and I'll open them.
    I can't find anything in this category in the ready-made market. Is this just regarded as passé now, or just too expensive to make? Can anyone show me photos of open systems that really look neat? Or will I have to design my own enclosed system and get a joiner to create it at vast cost?
    Thanks for any tips in this area, before I persuade the entire household that wires and random separates are things of beauty and should be on show!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  3. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    Jolly old Ikea have just started to do a new 'Benno' TV thing. In oak, Beech or Black. Finish is foiled particleboard but it doesn't look all that bad in real life (apart from some visible fixings on either side). It's just a shame they don't do this particular one in real wood :( Sixty-nine quid from your nearest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Width: 120 cm
    Depth: 60 cm
    Height: 60 cm
    Max. load: 100 kg

HTH,
    Mike.

4. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, guys, for the pointers. Ikea in black looks interesting, except that it does not have the angled rear corners, so the whole lot would stand out from the corner by quite a long way - I'm trying to get this little lot to disappear into the shadows!

5. kennykhor

kennykhor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Upgrading to bigger plasma, need a biggger with 60" width, clean, functional av rack come with "modular" cable management, fret no more - I have a solution for you, alanfcross. Email me kennykhor25@yahoo.com

Attached Files:

6. c_fletcher

c_fletcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check out the stands available here
    http://www.bks-holland.com/cms/en/index.html, they have some nice stuff, its not cheap though, but I am getting one custom made to my own spec in solid oak for ~ half the cost by "Yorkshire Pine" of Sowerby Bridge, West Yorks, should be arriving in a week or so