Need a new TV - Student budget!

champa

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there! Basically the situation is this - we are a group of 4 second year law students about to move in to a flat, but the landlord has just told us he has taken the tv out! So basically we need a new TV! Because we are all students an LCD or Plasma is completely out of the question, personally i think CRT TVs look better anyway. Can anyone recommend any decent TV's for about £150 at the max? Im looking for about 28inches, is this unreasonable? if you could find one for 32inch that wouldnt be a problem!

Thanks in advance for your help, I've tried looking but I have no idea where to look apart from currys or dixons, but obviously the best deals are on the net!

champa

Check tesco and asda, I saw in asda the other day a 20" TV for £49. so the bigger ones should be cheap.

If you want High quility ones like Sony, Philips, check ebay as they can go cheap. Right now I can see a lot of clearence Sanyo 28" Widescreen TV's for £89.99 inc delivery on ebay.

Tesco and ASDA don't have much of a range, don't bother.

Tesco do the Digihome, which no-one has ever heard of and no information can be found on. And Asda only have decent stuff online (I'm pretty sure they are in some sort of partnership with QED).

Loads of bargains on Ebay.

I would buy off ebay, especialy as every wants a flat screen.

Excuse my spelling mistakes

I'm looking on ebay but i dont really know what to search for! any tips?

is it reliable to get TV's from them?

also are there any deals anyone knows of currently online?

looking on ebay ive put the search feature to CRT, 27-33inch, and theres tonnes of tvs. out of those which are the best??? i have no idea!

One of the last stockists of CRT TVs on the high st are ARGOS...take a look here...they charge a flat-rate fee of £4.95 for delivery.
Personally I wouldn't buy a CRT from eBay.

I've decided on a Daewoo DUB2850 from ASDA (QED?). 225 inc p&p.

I looked at loads of sets on ebay and most certainly it is a case of buyer beware. I found one seller with thousands of sales and 98% feedback who claimed his sets were A+ (?) refurbished ex-rentals at the end of their rental life. I just thought what's the point saving £100 for a 4 or 5 year old television with an unknown history of possible abuse? There are other sellers though who have excellent feedback with genuine nearly new refurbs...

Argos only have the 2 Beko models in 28inch. But again, the well reviewed Daewoo 28 (with freeview) costs as much as the Beko 28 (with freeview).........

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom