Need a new TV - £700 Budget - advice please?

cd78

Standard Member
Hey guys

I currently have an old 37" Hannspree LCD and am in need of an upgrade! (or the wife is letting me splash out!)

I have a budget of around £700

Looking for:

42-46" (bigger the better)
Internet tv (would like a LoveFilm streaming compatible)
Full HD
Plasma or LCD/LED
Freeview HD tuner

Anyone see a good bargain with the above specs?

Thanks

mjbtin

Hey guys

I currently have an old 37" Hannspree LCD and am in need of an upgrade! (or the wife is letting me splash out!)

I have a budget of around £700

Looking for:

42-46" (bigger the better)
Internet tv (would like a LoveFilm streaming compatible)
Full HD
Plasma or LCD/LED
Freeview HD tuner

Anyone see a good bargain with the above specs?

Thanks

Is 50" too big?

LG 50PK590 can be got for around £600 caters for all your specs except Lovefilm streaming.

Regards Martin

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Hmmm..yeah liking that. i hear the panny plasmas are among the best?

Now Pioneer arent about, in most areas they are the best. LG are better value but have more IR, higher lag and blacks arent as good. Top end LGs compare well depending on what you want. If you like your films and/or gaming its Panasonic all the way, for normal TV use LGs better value IMO.

Last edited:

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
I dont like the look of the samys myself, Panasonic are far better, also IMO LG.
Samys have good SD processing but black levels arent the best and IR can be bad. Panasonic have some issues with SD at 50hz and a few other niggles, HD and gaming tho they cant be beat IMO.

cd78

Standard Member
I dont like the look of the samys myself, Panasonic are far better, also IMO LG.
Samys have good SD processing but black levels arent the best and IR can be bad. Panasonic have some issues with SD at 50hz and a few other niggles, HD and gaming tho they cant be beat IMO.

Cheers mate, thanks for your advice.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom