Need a new TOMTOM, what one to buy

Kevstir

Hi guys

Im a field service engineer so need sat nav to find my way to my jobs, well yesterday my trusty tomtom go classic (first every tomtom go model) gave up the ghost, it no longer picks up a signal, was a nightmare yesterday trying to navigate round Edinburgh when i didn't know where i was going lol

this weekend im going to be buying a new tomtom and wondered if i should get the traffic warning, been looking at this one

TomTom One UK & ROI V3 Traffic Sat Nav from Halfords Price £119.99

i don't mind it being the non widescreen version as the screen size on my old one seemed to do the job, but if the traffic warning is a waste of money then i would get the widescreen as its a tenner cheaper lol

TomTom ONE XL Classic UK & ROI Sat Nav from Halfords Price £109.99

any help on some better deals would be great guys, i know i can get them cheaper from online but need it for monday morning.

Kev

M4NN

:hiya:

maybe start new & take a look at the garmin range.
they got some good better deals going on @ halfords.

:thumbsup:

dan54

Bought a TomTom one version 4 a couple of weeks back-by far the best of the satnavs I've used,most upto date mapping,even shows most laybys!! Easyport mount works well,much tidier than standard mounts.

Last edited:

stu1wyatt

Hi Kevstir,

Before you change it try a factory/system reset, my other halfs tomtom go 300 had exactly the same symptons as you where it couldn't pick up any singal. I went out to test this also and no joy. We were about to replace it when I thought I would try one last thing.

I then attempted the factory reset option on one of the menus, it rebooted and it started getting a gps lock again. Only thing I could suggest was a dodgy update.

Give it a go if it's not too late.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom