Need a new sound card?

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by dinoprada2003, Nov 18, 2004.

1. dinoprada2003

dinoprada2003
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,407
    Hello,

Right iv'e posted about this problem on another thread but it looks like no one has a fix with the soundcard im using so im trying an alternative route.What I need is to be able to hook up my PC' to my amp, so that when im watching dvd's on my PC' the DD/DTS audio will come out of my amp and my speakers the same way as when iv'e got my stand alone dvd player or VCR connected to the amp and im watching a movie.I had originly bought a terratec 5.1 sound card with optical out and connected that to my amp with a optical lead.However,im only able to get stero sound this way!? I.E No DD/DTS :mad:

Can anyone out there recomend a sound-card for me to buy that will 100% enable me to do the above task?

Thank's :thumbsup:

BTW im using Power DVD and Win DVD

Dino

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    If you didn't get DD/DTS via the SPD/IF in the soundcard then seems to me the problem was your DVD player software was down-mixing to stereo .. are you sure you configured it to use SPD/IF in pass-through mode?

If you did then there's something else doing the downmixing .. with my Audigy I have to also tell its' drivers not to decode AC3.

There's nothing special about getting AC3 out of the SPD/IF, IMX all on-board chips do it these days, I'd have thought that Terratec would.