need a new sim only deal

reevesy

Distinguished Member
hi all.

i've previously had all my utilities incl phone/mobile with the utility warehouse....as i had all the services the discount made the mobile deal ok

....now i'm just paying for the mobile service it's suddenly looking a bit steep....now £11 a month for unlimited calls n text's but only 1gb of data

a quick google shows i can get unlimited calls and texts and 2 gb of data for 5 /7 quid a month...so basically half the cost

currently on EE network which is'nt too bad round my way...was on giff gaff (o2) for a while...both these can sometimes be hit and miss in certain areas.

so with that in mind i thought i'd see how vodaphone is as i've never been on that network....all area coverage maps have my town as being very good...but i know there are problem areas...my old house for example was pretty bad.

have been looking at the likes of LEBARA...which is the cheapest £5 for 30 day...TALK MOBILE.. etc.....think plusnet and the likes are EE ..which i'm not dead against using but would like to see if vodaphone is more reliable

so looking at sim only.....not 12 monthly contract till i'm sure about service...recommended providers

thanks

Steven

Senior Moderator
Three mobile probably have the best prices for three main networks (i.e. not a virtual network piggybacking off someone else's masts)

But as ever need to check reception. I'd still be with three but H+ only in my house, no 4G

reevesy

Distinguished Member
Yeah not so sure on the three network....don't know anyone local who has it.....which might be a clue.

Miss Mandy

If you're not sure in signal you could see which networks send out free PAYG SIM cards. I know Vodafone do them, but I'm not sure about Three.

reevesy

Distinguished Member
Thanks....
I did think about that before ....thought you don't seem to see those sort of Sims as much as you used to.

Thought about popping into a few stores today ..but with all the current stuff going on it all seemed like a bit too much hassle......especially as I got up town today..then realised I'd forgot to stick a mask in me pocket :facepalm:

Miss Mandy

Thanks....
I did think about that before ....thought you don't seem to see those sort of Sims as much as you used to.

Thought about popping into a few stores today ..but with all the current stuff going on it all seemed like a bit too much hassle......especially as I got up town today..then realised I'd forgot to stick a mask in me pocket :facepalm:

They can be ordered online very easily.

Colin Glover

I'm on Plusnet. I get UNLIMITED minutes and 3 GB of data for £6.30/MTH, 30 day rolling SIM. No real issues, just one afternoon where network was down.

Miss Mandy

I'm on Plusnet. I get UNLIMITED minutes and 3 GB of data for £6.30/MTH, 30 day rolling SIM. No real issues, just one afternoon where network was down.

As already mentioned in the first post Plusnet use EE and the OP is looking to move away from that network as it isn't great in his area.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Smarty , 30gb plus unlimited calls and texts , £10/month , rolling contract , the lads on it , never said he’s had any issues ....

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Is overseas travel part of your (non-Covid) lifestyle? If yes, then consider three; most of their deals include free roaming in many countries including the EU, USA, Australia, Hong Kong and others. Obviously, it also has to work where you are and you will need to check on that.

reevesy

Distinguished Member
Nah just uk use.

....Labara I mentioned for a fiver a month has overseas usage....seems these sort of Sims could be pretty popular these days..hence thinking they could be reliable ...as well as cheap to use.

Did finally get an email back from utility warehouse...after phone lines were busy.
...looks like they've no real interest in any kind of reduced deal...so need to ring them Monday and see about cancelling....not sure what notice they need

neuty

Distinguished Member
Vodafone Basics may be good for you as long as you are happy with a 12 month sim only.

If you want to switch networks and keep your number at the end of your contract you need a PAC code. To get your PAC code, text PAC to 65075

From Google.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom