Need a new PSU to run old PC

Mr Regan

Hi guys, my PSU has gone in my old PC and I'm looking to replace it.

Specs are.

Motherboard: Nvidia nforce 680i sli

Ram:. Corsair xms2 800mhz 4 gig ram

Graphics Card: nvidia geforce gtx260

Any advice on what to get. Thanks

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
That system isn't old enough to have any issue with new power supplies, electrically very little has changed in the PSU spec since then.

What form factor is your power supply? ATX?

Mr Regan

Yes it's ATX, I did buy a evga 500w last year but it lasted about 2mth. Thought a fuse might have gone inside but when I opened it up I couldn't find one, and voided the warranty.

Zeromajor

evga make solid psus (I have an 850w g2) and provide a great warranty with customer service to boot. If your old one died it's possibly covered under their RMA policy, have you looked into this?

Mr Regan

evga make solid psus (I have an 850w g2) and provide a great warranty with customer service to boot. If your old one died it's possibly covered under their RMA policy, have you looked into this?

Unfortunately I was told the fuse will have gone inside, so I opened it up to replace it. But it didn't have one.

Mr Regan

Thanks Mystogan I will take a look.

jonrobfax

Novice Member
this is what I'm looking at getting may be a bit of overkill for what u need but with a 10 year warranty is great if your thinking off upgrading later

EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Modular Power Supply - 220-G2-0750-XR - Scan.co.uk

• Unbeatable 10 Year Warranty and unparalleled EVGA Customer Support
• NVIDIA SLI Ready
• 80 PLUS Gold certified, with up to 90% efficiency under typical loads
• Double Ball Bearing fan for exceptional reliability and quiet operation
• Highest quality Japanese brand capacitors ensure long-term reliability
• Heavy-duty protections, including OVP (Over Voltage Protection), UVP (Under Voltage Protection), OCP (Over Current Protection), OPP (Over Power Protection), and SCP (Short Circuit Protection)
• Fully Modular to reduce clutter and improve airflow

jonrobfax

Novice Member
Bvf8ScT.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom