Need a new printer...

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My HP DeskJet F380 has given up. It stopped printing black ink ages ago, which while annoying, wasn't the end of the world. For the few rare times I actually needed to print something, I just doctored it in Word to make the text dark blue and printed that.

But now it seems it won't even do that. In fact it won't do anything - no matter what I try to print, it just goes through the motions, makes all the right noises, then spits out a blank bit of paper...

So, I need a simple, easy, all-in-one printer that can print colour documents, scan in pictures and docs, and make photocopies - ideally one that can make stand alone copies too (I presume all printers that have the copy facility can do this?)

What I liked about my HP (when it was working);

• Small form factor (nice and compact, takes up little desk space)
  • Front loading and ejecting (so no upright feed)
  • Easy to change cartridges (and only two)
  • Stand alone copy facility
  • Once coupled with my Macbook, no need to actually use any of the HP software to print, copy or scan - it just does it all through Preview. Which is nice!

So something like that would be great. I think I only paid about £40 for this from PC World 5 or 6 years ago (honestly, in that time it's done less than a years worth of "normal" household work, so even though it was cheap, it's not been economical).

Also, one that that doesn't cost the earth for replacement ink cartridges would be nice too. The HP wasn't too bad for that - even available from Tesco for not a lot (I think under a tenner for black, about £15, maybe a quid or two more, for colour)

415Jp3lCJ5L.jpg

??

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom