Need a new game - Action / RTS

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im stuck for what to get atm. I play Red orchestra alot, but I only play that with clan mates. At the level I play at, public play annoys me so I simply dont do it. clan matches or nothing.

heres what else ive been playing but stopped -

BC2 - The hit detection is silly. Its comical and unplayable. Those that play it need to take a good hard look at themselves.

MW2 - Loves it, cheaters spoiled it. Would consider the DLC if only they had dedi servers to combat hackers.

CoD series - overplayed by me now.

CoH - Love it, still do. Would like something similarish.

Bioshock, tower defence, stalker. fallout 3, l4d1/2, farcry etc all played.

So what im after, is a new game or recent that I can play, Single player epicness or some multiplayer fun.

The new sniper game looks worth a punt but looking for something in the meantime.

Brain dead this morning, cant think what to get.

I'd pick up Men of War if you're looking for an epic single player game.

Mass Effect 2 never cossed your mind? I have similar taste to you and took a punt on ME2 and was a great decision. Nothing is grabbing my full attention on the PC atm though so i've jumped over to RDR on the 360, a genuine classic.

I'd pick up Men of War if you're looking for an epic single player game.

Got on steam sale, never installed. Worth it? Whats epic about it? Got it for like £2 so baught without research :rolleyes:

Mass Effect 2 never cossed your mind? I have similar taste to you and took a punt on ME2 and was a great decision. Nothing is grabbing my full attention on the PC atm though so i've jumped over to RDR on the 360, a genuine classic.

Did not :eek: Is it good? what is it? FPS? What is it like? (dont say ME1 hehe)

Like Endless says , men of war class game there is also Red Tide single player Standalone ..

and there first one to the above was faces of war, Faces of War (PC DVD): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

same people did Solders of world war 2 .. Class and engrossing games.

Loads of Mods,maps, generators on here as well Games and mods development for PC XBOX Playstation Nintendo - Mod DB the games do take a while to complete as well , i have only just finished Red tide.

World of conflict is also very good http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PC-Game...-Expansion-Pack/~r339498/?s=World+in+Conflict

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
im totally installing Men of War overnight!!

Shall report back my findings.

If its anything but epic, Nam owes me a pint.

ME2, its a 3rd person shooter with a cracking story line which involves you taking out a galactic enemy in the end. But, its the journey leading up to this game which makes it an all time classic, multiple choice scenarios and beautiful epic vistas across different planets aswell as space stations. Combat is good a bit like GOW and the light tactics make it a joy for short attention spans like my own. Stunning graphics, amazing story line and loads of free DLC and only £15 odd from Amazon. Its still my GOTY so far.

I'm sure anyone else that played it will vouch for it. And oh, i never played the first one. Men of War looks cool too....

im totally installing Men of War overnight!!

Shall report back my findings.

If its anything but epic, Nam owes me a pint.

if you think them above games are bad, there is something wrong, one reason to own a pc .. i expect at least 3 pints :D

Kings Bounty too... not sure why I like that so much, but I do. Feels like a proper PC game.

Is it worth playing Mass Effect 2 before playing the ME1 first? I was thinking of getting it myself, but not sure, if I should play ME1 initially.

A mate last night said ME1 savegame has a direct effect on ME2 . . so I think ill play in order. At some point. hehe

No bearing whatsoever iirc, only the customisation of your character is carried across. Go for it Geege its a modern day classic.

A mate last night said ME1 savegame has a direct effect on ME2 . . so I think ill play in order. At some point. hehe

Your actions from ME1 in certain parts definitely carry on to ME2. You can play ME2 without having played ME1 though ofc, as when you start ME2 you are given options to choose the outcome of the main events from ME1 without having played it.

i would still advise playing ME1 first though as its also a fantastic game. :thumbsup:

Just copying and pasting this from one of my previous posts on another thread you might find interesting.

Games I have enjoyed.

Evil Genius
Call of Duty Series
Conflict Desert Storm Series
Command and Conquer Series (Outstanding up to RA2 Yuris Revenge, after that EA took over)
Counter-Strike Condition Zero
Soldier of Fortune Series
Freelancer
Kill.Switch (Excellent Game)
Medal of Honor Series
Red Faction 1+2
Robocop
Serious Sam Series (Quite Amusing
Star Trek Bridge Commander
Star Trek Elite Force 1+2
Star Trek Dominion Wars
Stronghold
UFO Aftermath
Worms Series Gotta love them worms
Neighbour From Hell (Very Funny)
Delta Force Black Hawk Down

I know some are old but some are really good classics.

Bridge Commander's customizable fights are awesome.

Edit
There is 1 I am forgetting, you have a squad of 3-4 and you can get a map overview and place each of them in certain positions or tell them to go to a certain point. man I wish I could remember it but I cant :( I used to love it but damned if I remember the name.

Tell them to use supressing fire and such whilst you flank and most scenes I saw were in the desert. I know its on the tip of my tongue but :(

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom