Need a new Christmas tree!

DrPhil

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I'm listing after a new Christmas tree but struggling to find what I want, which is a 7ft tree with natural look branches rather than the standard plastic stuff. Also needs to be wide, around 5ft at the base rather than the standard size.

Anyone bought online and can recommend a site or brand?

This is the closest I've found but it's only part realistic branches, the rest are standard.

I just bought one from here. Hasn't arrived yet but they've plenty of choices. I also mentioned them in the Good Customer Service thread.

Mrs D wanted a narrow tree and it's 50" at the bottom, so you should get to 5ft with the wider ones.

Last edited:
Tree arrived today and put up in 10 minutes. Still some fettling to do but I’m very happy how it looks.

(daughter in pic as no lurpak at hand)

EE0998F9-D6E3-40E5-858A-EDB1D3B439E1.jpeg

Our current tree is from Wilko's (they have a lot of different styles), it tends to get so laden with ornaments that natural look of branches is entirely irrelevant! ;)

This is last years effort for example....

IMG-20191225-WA0002.jpeg

I bought one from Clas Ohlson years ago which matches your description to a tee. I don't think they're trading in the UK anymore though.

I bought the display model for half price. I had to carry it through town completely set up, lights included, then onto the train. It's not easy carrying a seven foot tree around.

The problem with most trees, including yours @Dony although it looks great, is that its not very wide.

I want a big bruiser that's about 5ft wide at the base.
As above, we wanted a slim tree but there's loads of others on that site
This one is 63" at the bottom so fits the bill.

I normally get a real tree (still might), and those are wide at the bottom, probably closer to 6-7 ft.

Perhaps it's me, but I find this tree and room decoration quite appealing:

fd43998c8ce28119027c3d68e7a5cd90.jpg

The tree at Costco fits your spec (well 4’7” around the base), but currently out of stock online. Not sure if they have them in store still?

Another vote for the Balsam Hill trees. I got mine in January about half price.

I wouldn't get the same one as I did again though as I got a snow-covered one and every year I've been clearing up after it.

As above, we wanted a slim tree but there's loads of others on that site
This one is 63" at the bottom so fits the bill.

I normally get a real tree (still might), and those are wide at the bottom, probably closer to 6-7 ft.
I wonder if the bulbs are changeable on that one. I light a white light, not the yellow ones.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom