• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Need a new bulb for an infocus IN83...so confused

martian1

Prominent Member
I have an infocus in83 the lamp is still working but pretty dim now. It is an absolute minefield but I have narrowed the search down to 3 suppliers who are recommended re-sellers by infocus. I cannot get the original manufactured infocus bulb anymore as they do not make them my projector is at least 8yrs old.
My choices are still very confusing as projector point, purple cat and just projectors all have options for a lamp but are all suggesting a diamond lamp with housing for around £150. Just projectors had a lamp for £254 but the guy could not tell me if it was definitely genuine or who supplied it !! Another option would be to buy just a genuine bub and fit myself but more confusion with that as I know my original bulb is a Philips but the bulb sold by purple cat for my projector is an Osram bulb and for that alone without housing its £150 and again not a clear explanation why its that much if diamond lamps use the same bulb and you get the housing for same price...argghhh
Advice people please :)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom