Need a new amplifier (Yamaha VS Nads)

C

colz1234

Hi all, my Technics KRF V5050D amplifier has finally died, it is over 15 years old though so has done me good i think. I need to replace it. It was powering a pair of Eltax Silverstone 300 floorstanding speakers, rated 150w sinus power, 300w music power. I would like to keep the same speakers as there is nothing wrong with them and have been quite happy with the sound they produce, even though i think they are more on the budget side of things.

I am no audiophile but would like a replacement amp which is equally as good as the Technics I had, better sound would be nice but don't want to spend a fortune on it.

Have been doing lots of research and think I have narrowed it down to these 2 amplifiers:

1. Yamaha AS501 - £249
2. Nads C326BEE £349
3. ???

That is the cheapest prices i have managed to find for brand new. Does anyone have any experience of either of these two? Is the Nads really worth the £100 more or would i be just as satisfied with the Yamaha? Or is there another 1 i should be looking at for around the £250 - £300 mark?

I mainly listen to all sorts of music really, not classical though, and will be using it for watching movies. I also have a pair of technics record decks which I mix tunes on every now and again as well.

Anyone's input would be much appreciated as i'm getting fed up of the tin sound my TV makes when playing music through it which is all i have at the mo, until i can make a decision on this.

Thanks in advance :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom