1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a LODOS remote control

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by RMCF, Apr 14, 2005.

1. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Does anyone know where I can get hold of a LODOS remote control for a TV/DVD combi?

Bought one from Sainsburys about a year ago but remote packed up. Spoke to local supermarket but they said that they only cover electrical items for first 30 days. After that you have to contact the manufacturer regarding any problems!! Thats not so bad except I can't get in contact with LODOS. They are more than likely a rebadged TV.

Has anyone else replaced their LODOS remote with an All-in-One and discovered with brands codes work?

I suppose it could have been worse - I could have had a 32" TV pack in and then found that I could not get it exchanged. This policy of Sainsburys sounds a bit odd to me. Must check with my local CAB to see if Sainsburys should have to honour a 12month guarantee.

2. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Cjances are that a Goodmans/ Bush remote from a similar TV DVD combi will work if not the same as I think they make the TV's for BUSH etc. By the way Sainsburys are liable as the contract is with them not Lodos.

3. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,883
    Using a one-for-all type remote is not ideal as you will have to use 1 code for the Tv side and a different one for the DVD section and a lot of the button functions of the original will not be available.

If the model no of the Lodos is 21TVDVD a replacement remote for the following Makes/models will be identical

Akura AVDV152T-S
    Crown CTD1421
    Hitachi C14D24
    Pacific PDTV1411

Good luck :smashin:

4. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    The combi is actually a 14" TV/DVD - assume that the remotes wll work the same for it.

Only question is - where can I get hold of one of those 4 remotes?

5. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Could try Bush or Goodmans, although you probably wont get much success as I think they only buy the units direct and as such dont hold any spares but might be worth a shot. Perhaps even Alba

6. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,883
    Just do a Google for Remote Controls and you're sure to find a couple of UK pages where you can input the Make/Model. :smashin:

7. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I agree with Scooby Doo, Sainsburys are the people responsible for anything within the first years wrananty, and also some months/year after. Do a search for "sale of goods act"
    If a remote, or any part of a TV does not last 2 years, it is not of merchdisable quality.
    Nigel

8. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,883
    Soks may not have given the full facts (and I stand to be corrected) but sometimes Supermarkets give a 30 day exchange/return on electrical goods and often a helpline no for the company responsible for service after this period........maybe Soks has lost this telephone no.
    Also the vast majority of non-functioning remote's are due to them having been dropped or thrown about which is not covered by the guarantee.
    I am not saying Soks is responsible for this just pointing out a fact.

9. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0