1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need a little help with wall bracket for lgrzpx11

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by TOMSONH1, Apr 8, 2005.

1. TOMSONH1

TOMSONH1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well bought one of the wall brackets from rs100 and also got extention bars
    forgot to mention its a tilting bracket

right it has a lot of holes in it but the prob is it says best to have booth the outer holes into the struts as i have a plaster wall with the struts but i only find one strut that will fit the bolts in and all the other holes dont line up with the stuts can anyone recomend some thing to resolve this

ps i called a guy to fit the bracket to the wall but he want £90 quid is this dear or what ?

2. DOCTOR_d

DOCTOR_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Not sure on that one mate.....

I would prefer to mount another brace between the struts for strength, but that means you will need to do some plastering afterwards...

Ask him how he’s planning on doing the job for £90 and will he cover the insurance claim when it falls off ?

How are you hiding your cables?

And yes, £90 sounds cheap :confused:

3. TOMSONH1

TOMSONH1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well that was my main concern if it falls off and he pays for it that would be ok

i got this boys number from a electrical shop in dundee and they got him to phone me so say he says he will cover it and gives me a reciet for installing the bracket and mounting the plasma to it and say it does fall off and he refuses to pay can i claim it back from the shop that got him to contact me
    or would i be covered for accidental damage ?

i would like to mount this above my fire but my fire is a convector one that blows the heat out is it safe to mount the plasma above that or not ?

4. DOCTOR_d

DOCTOR_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The easiest way to check on the fire is to Gafatape a piece of wood or cardboard (same thickness as the screen) to the wall and leave it for a while (but don't leave the room for safety reasons). Sounds kinda stupid, but it will give you an idea on how hot the plasma gets.

If it does get hot you could always recess a box into the wall to avoid the heat.

5. TOMSONH1

TOMSONH1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers m8 good thinking .

well does anyone know if il be covered for accidental if it fall off the wall
    got the coverplan from currys if thats any help.

6. DOCTOR_d

DOCTOR_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeh mate it should be covered, but they could argue that it wasn't fitted right in the first place...

And I thought I was up late :)