• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Need a little help with new TV Drive

Naquada

Standard Member
We just got TV Drive yesterday so I've been having a play with it. late last night I was channel surfing and stopped to watch a bit of scrubs, and it seemed to have an audio description for the blind. I thought that it was a little odd but possibly a special broadcast or something. Then again tonight on an episode of Frasier I had the same thing, so now I'm guessing I have accidently changed an option somewhere but I cant for the life of me find where I might have done this. Both progs were on Paramount 2 I think.

Also have to say I was very dissapointed at the lack of HD content. I opted to get TV Drive coz I got the Technosonic 32" HD ready from Woolies. I was blown away watching blue planet or whatever it's called, and flicking through the tv guide looks like they will be showing a few different films over the next week, but one channel? I do feel a little misled.

C

Cream

We just got TV Drive yesterday so I've been having a play with it. late last night I was channel surfing and stopped to watch a bit of scrubs, and it seemed to have an audio description for the blind. I thought that it was a little odd but possibly a special broadcast or something. Then again tonight on an episode of Frasier I had the same thing, so now I'm guessing I have accidently changed an option somewhere but I cant for the life of me find where I might have done this. Both progs were on Paramount 2 I think.

Also have to say I was very dissapointed at the lack of HD content. I opted to get TV Drive coz I got the Technosonic 32" HD ready from Woolies. I was blown away watching blue planet or whatever it's called, and flicking through the tv guide looks like they will be showing a few different films over the next week, but one channel? I do feel a little misled.

Sorry I can't help you with your problem, but I do agree the lack of HD stuff is really poor. Yes there is some stuff in the TVdrive mode. But no channels to speak of. BBC-HD doesn't really count, No sport to speak of and films are £2-£4 each :(. What I do love though is the record function.

BikeNutt

There is an "Enable Audio Description" option under Settings>Display & Audio menu. You could try toggling that to see if it makes a difference.

And, yes, HD content is sadly lacking on Telewest's service. Discussed at length on other threads on the forum...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom