Need a little help with new TV Drive

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Redrob7775, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Redrob7775

Redrob7775
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We just got TV Drive yesterday so I've been having a play with it. late last night I was channel surfing and stopped to watch a bit of scrubs, and it seemed to have an audio description for the blind. I thought that it was a little odd but possibly a special broadcast or something. Then again tonight on an episode of Frasier I had the same thing, so now I'm guessing I have accidently changed an option somewhere but I cant for the life of me find where I might have done this. Both progs were on Paramount 2 I think.

Also have to say I was very dissapointed at the lack of HD content. I opted to get TV Drive coz I got the Technosonic 32" HD ready from Woolies. I was blown away watching blue planet or whatever it's called, and flicking through the tv guide looks like they will be showing a few different films over the next week, but one channel? I do feel a little misled.

2. Cream

Cream

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Sorry I can't help you with your problem, but I do agree the lack of HD stuff is really poor. Yes there is some stuff in the TVdrive mode. But no channels to speak of. BBC-HD doesn't really count, No sport to speak of and films are £2-£4 each :(. What I do love though is the record function.

3. BikeNutt

BikeNutt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    There is an "Enable Audio Description" option under Settings>Display & Audio menu. You could try toggling that to see if it makes a difference.

And, yes, HD content is sadly lacking on Telewest's service. Discussed at length on other threads on the forum...

4. Redrob7775

Redrob7775
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, that seems to have sorted it out. thanks a lot. I did look at that menu but for some reason didn't see it.