need a laptop but which should I get

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by wjd, Aug 23, 2012.

1. wjd

wjd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all I'm going to buy a new laptop as my decktop died on me so I have around £700.00 to £800.00 budget.

I want it to playblue ray, big hard drive good led screen and it's got to be a 17 inch screen any brand as long as its a good one its also got to have a good battery and mybe blue tooth.

hope someone can help.

Thanks

2. maf1970

maf1970

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
  3. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,490
    They don't really meet the criteria here of good batteries and good screens, that particular one has 3 hours battery life and in their review notebookcheck said of this laptop: "Finally, the low contrast display is the biggest disappointment with this notebook."

Review Samsung Series 5 550P7C-S02DE Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews

Notebookcheck do measure and rate the screens of every laptop they review, so going through their reviews for 17" models is a good start - although do bear in mind that screen quality can vary dramatically between options so don't expect the unreviewed screens to be similar to the reviewed model. They also test battery life but manufacturer quotes are usually fairly accurate now.