• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Need a HD Camcorder for less than £100

AVRocky

Can anyone make any recommendations please? I'm currently looking at the Aiptek AHD200

senu

Distinguished Member
HD on paper spec yes, but in actual look and definition,, not!

carps2000

what features are important to you?

As Senu says, you need to appreciate a £99 HD camcorder wont be the same as a £800 HD camcorder even if the spec is the same on paper. That said, in the right conditions you can get some great results in good conditions, even at £100.

You probably know this, but bear in mind that HD camcorders at the lower end tend to suffer a bit in low light and as most don't have image stabilisation so you may want a small tripod as back up.

I'm not entirely neutral in this matter but Amazon have the Kodak Zx1 at a penny under your budget and it's generally very well reviewed. It’s more robust than most other models and it's water resistant so more of a “chuck in your back pocket and use wherever” type product.

Plenty of sample footage online. The Flip range is also well reviewed, but I don’t think you can get an HD Flip in your budget.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom