• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

need a hard drive solution

baginz10

Prominent Member
Basically I have a macbook pro 13 which is my only computer. Have decided to buy a hard drive so I can simply backup all of my itunes data incase the hard drive in my macbook fails.

so my question is can I buy a portable or desktop hard drive to simply use a time machine backup and disconnect the hard drive so my data is safe?
It would only ever be connected to the macbook when I buy new things on itunes etc and the rest of the time be stored away.
If so any suggestions on which hard drive would be suitable 1tb would be preferred although it does not have to be that big as I dont want to spend to much money just something I can back up my itunes on incase I loose it all.

paulktreg

Established Member
There are literally hundreds to chose from so it's hard to recommend one.

Scan currently have a few on offer on "Today Only" that will last over weekend. This 250MB Seagate is only £30.00, bus powered and comes with backup software.

(The link is from the main page so make sure you go through the Today Only offers link for the reduced price).

shine

Established Member
I bought an external USB 2 enclosure and added a WD HDD to make my own backup drive. Once I finish backing up I can disconnect from my MBP. It also have the advantage of being portable and upgradeable to larger capacity at a later date.

In addition you get to choose the HDD you put into it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom