Need a good point and shoot compact to supplement my DSLR?

ensyed

Novice Member
I need a good P&S for carrying around every day. There appears to be lots but it needs to perform well indoors. Can anyone recommend one? I would prefer one which does HD video so I can throw away my MinoHD.

Canon and Sony both have nice looking ones. I just need some pointers.

Thanks for your help

achoudry

Novice Member
the canon s90 seems to get quite favourable reviews. it's not the cheapest p&s though...

ensyed

Novice Member
Thx. I had arrived at a similar conclusion. The only problem is no HD video recording. The Sx200 seems to add that but the sensor is smaller so supposedly the photos arent as good as the S90.
I think I have to go and have a play with both of them to decide.

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
Thx. I had arrived at a similar conclusion. The only problem is no HD video recording. The Sx200 seems to add that but the sensor is smaller so supposedly the photos arent as good as the S90.
I think I have to go and have a play with both of them to decide.
I use the Canon SX200 and its good to OK indoors but with a few tweaks and moving lights it gets better results. It does HD vid but you cannot zoom in while recording. But at 12 mp and 12 x op zoom its worth every penny. The only minor annoyance is the flash that pop's up and can get in your way but I soon got used to that. Its a good camera as a compact. I got the black model but it looks more Brownish but still good.

infact.....I use the new Sony A500 and the Canon as my setup. It works. :D

icemanonline

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom