Answered Need a good 55" 4K, HDR TV for Xbox One X

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by KodiaRok, Jun 21, 2018.

1. KodiaRok

KodiaRok
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      Hello Guys

I am new to this Forum, and I need your Advice. I am from Switzerland so I need a TV Version which is an European Model. I purchased an xbox one x two weeks ago to replace my old xbox one. Now my 34" G-Sync Acer Predator Monitor for my PC does not support 4K and no HDR, so I wanna purchase a TV. I spend now hours and hours in findind the right TV for me but the Range is just so huge..every manufacturer promises a lot but doesn't always deliver.

Currently there is a Sony TV Sale going on with 2017 & 2018 Versions. Some Models are apparently very good, some are rather not. My pure focus for this TV will be gaming on my Xbox One X. It does not need to be the most expensive TV like OLED or QLED (I think Samsungs TV's are just too expensive). Budget is up to 1500$.

Since I want to use the max. of my new Console it needs to be UHD Premium Certified and needs to come with HDR. The Sony TV's look to be a very nice Deal but I can't decide. Brightness is very important since I wanna use HDR. Occasionally I will watch a Movie through Blu-Ray or Netflix as well.

Sony Choices I have for 55" are:

Sony KD-55XF8096

Sony KD-55XF9005

Sony KD-55XF8505

Sony KD-55XE8505

Now I am unsure which would be the best choice. Refresh Rate and low Input Lag are of course very important as well.

Are one of those a good choice ? I have a 3 Yeard old 55" Samsung 4K TV in my Living Room, but I am not that happy with Samsung tbh. So I am looking for a different brand then Samsung. That TV will be for my Office Room behind my Monitor.

I hope someone can help me out here.

Cheers
      KR

2. Best Answer:
      Post #17 by Dodgexander, Jun 24, 2018 (1 points)
    3. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +290
      Of all the Sony models you list above, only the XF9005 is good with HDR.

Difficult to be definitive about options as I’m in the UK, but see if LG B7/C7 is still available. Panasonic OLED could be another option, EZxxx where the exes represent model numbers.

4. KodiaRok

KodiaRok
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      Thanks for your Feedback. I did read a lot of good stuff about the XF9005. From the Image Quality to the Sound, HDR and such. I was wondering if any other would be a good option too.
      The XE8505 is by far the cheapest of the whole bunch and also a 2017 Modell, I heard also a lot of good things about that one.
      I am personally not a big Fan of Panasonic but LG would be a good Option too. But that C7 costs me 1700.-

Just today there is an offer for a 65" Samsung QE65Q8FAMTXZG. Instead for 2300 I could get it for 1500 roughly. But 65" is way to big as I won't be sitting that far away.

Cheers
      KR

5. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +2,937
      Are you aware of how close you need to view to a TV to be optimum for UHD content? It's about 1.2m from a 65" TV. If you can fit 65" definitely go for it.

It depends on local pricing but I wouldn't consider a 2018 model unless it wasn't that much more than last years model. For example last years LG 55B7 at 1700 is a lot better value than this years Sony 55XF9005 at 1500.

You could also look at the Sony 55XE9005 which is the 2017 predecessor to the 55XF9005 and not really any worse for gaming at all.

Two bits of advice, first narrow down what screen size you want.
      Second, don't consider TVs that aren't good with HDR - All the TVs on your list are not worth contenders for HDR apart from the XF9005 so do not consider them at all.

There are numerous guides in my signature that show best buys or simply rank TVs from best to worse. You need to look in at least the upper mid range to high range for HDR.

As zep already pointed out at 55" the LG B7/C7 can be had for crazy prices right now as they clear out the 2017 ranges.

6. KodiaRok

KodiaRok
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      Thanks for your extensive Feedback.

I would be sitting roughly 1-1.2 meters away from the TV. I would wanna stick with 55" as also Money wise it is cheaper. I don't see much of a reason to spend too much on a pure gaming tv with occasional netflix or blu-ray session.

I will take a look on the LG 55B7 and the older Sony 55XE9005. Also I will check your signature to see if I can find the right thing for me.

Cheers
      KR

7. KodiaRok

KodiaRok
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      Ok I checked the current sony sale. Without any Discount the Sony KD-55XF9005 is 30 bucks cheaper then last years Sony KD-65XE9005.

The LG B7 is not available here anymore. The LG C7 is still 300 bucks more expensive then the Sony KD-65XE9005. With the Discount applied I get the Sony KD-65XE9005 for 1300 and a bit less for the newer 55" XF9005 Version.

Will the HDR and and Image / Picture Quality be more then enough on that Sony KD-65XE9005? Cause the Sale is going to end in 4 Days and I need to make up my mind.

Cheers
      KR

8. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +290
      Picture quality will be same for the two Sony models. XF has Dolby Vision, only major change.

LG still a way ahead, though.

9. KodiaRok

KodiaRok
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      Cheers @zeppelino . The LG C7 is not available anymore, it's sold out pretty much everywhere here :(

That leaves me with Sony I guess.

The Sony KD-65XE9005 is currently in my Shopping Basket, not sure to pull the Trigger on it yet. I remember before I purchased now 3 Years old Samsung 55" 4K TV. It took me roughly a month to make up my mind and I paid 2500 for it.

Now time is not on my side and however I put it, the new TV will be anyway superior then my current TV.

KR

10. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +290
      It’s difficult. If you have no plans to get a Dolby Vision enabled uhd player or Apple 4K TV then it’s a resounding yes for XE.

11. KodiaRok

KodiaRok
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      I am not a Fan of Apple Hardware. A Dolby Vision UHD Player will be only be for my Living Room, not my Office Room and my Xbox One X.

So, it looks like the Sony KD-65XE9005 for the moment. I keep it in my Shopping Basket then ;)

KR

12. KodiaRok

KodiaRok
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      Good Morning

I just saw there is an offer for a Samsung QE-55Q8F, the TV is available for 1300 instead of 2500. Plus a 15% Cashback on top of that too. Worth a buy or rather not ?

13. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +290
      Sony is the better tv

14. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +2,937
      If you want to buy a Samsung look at the 2018 models pricing over the next year and swoop on a good deal, they will be overpriced now but if you can get the new FALD Q8FN or even the Q9FN when they are priced well they will be good alternatives to the Sony.

The Q8 you have looked at is still pretty overpriced to be honest, It's not really any better than the Q7F as far as I can tell.

This is assuming you have the right model number. I can see some real mistakes happening with both users and retailers using the wrong model numbers for these TVs.

Suffix of FN is 2018.
      Suffix of F is 2017.

15. KodiaRok

KodiaRok
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      Thanks for your Information. The prices are in Swiss Franks. So in Euros that TV would cost me 1127.29 Euros. In British Pounds it would be 992.55. And it's the F Version, not the FN.

16. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +2,937
      Thats okay but it depends how the price compares to models near to it, especially the Q7F and the XE9005. I am a little confused why you are comparing the price of the 55Q8F at 1300 when it is the same price +- discount as the the superior Sony XE9005 at 65" vs 55". - That just shows how overpriced it seems the Samsung is.

17. KodiaRok

KodiaRok
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      Hey @Dodgexander

Believe me, I am a bit more confused atm then you probably ;)

With the FIFA World Cup still going, different Websites give out Sales on TV's on a Daily or Weekly Basis. Mostly Samsung and Sony TV's are up for Sale. And because some of the Sales are only valid for a Day or two, some for a for a week, it's hard to find the right deal.

I will post now prices in US Dollars to make it easier to see the price differences.

So right now the following Deals are up as far as I am aware (I spend now couple of hours a day to find good TV Prices on various Websites:

On Sale :

Samsung QE-55Q8F 1,415.69$ (It's the non-curved Version)
      Sony KD-55XE9005 1,211.28$ (Found new and better Sale yesterday, dunno for how long)
      Sony KD-55XE9305 1,454.14$ (Only local Pickup possible, very far away as only 3 are remaining,they are not in a package, but shown in showrooms)

Not on Sale (Regular Price):

Samsung QE-55Q7C 1,618.07$ (Curved Version)

Hope this makes a bit more sense now.

Cheers and Kind Regards
      KR

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    18. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +2,937
      Best Answer
      Right now the XE9005 or even XE9305 are considerably better value overall than the Samsung.

The Samsung Q7F/Q8F/Q9F/Q7C/Q8C/Q9C series of TVs are all more or less the same, you don't get any performance going for the Q8 vs the Q7.
      If however the model is Q8FN its about on-par with the Sony XE9005 overall.

Get the Sony XE9005 as it seems easy to obtain, there is no use going for a Samsung model unless its Q9FN or Q8DN. All the other TVs are not as good as the XE9005 and certainly not as good as the XE9305 which tops the lot.

QLEDs are overpriced.

Hope this helps.

19. KodiaRok

KodiaRok
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      Thanks a lot for your Feedback, I really appreciate the Help from you guys. I just now saw today that they offer the Philipps 55POS9002 for the same same price like the Samsung QE-55Q8F. According to your Guide, that TV is very high up on your list and considered High-End. Considering it's an OLED and now available for the same discount like the Samsung, I would guess it would be the much better choice.

Edit: nvm, already sold out...

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    20. KodiaRok

KodiaRok
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      Ok...I was very close in buying the Samsung TV.

I have decided to go with the Sony KD-55XF9005 as it is 40 bucks cheaper then the Samsung (With discount) and is the new 2018 Version with the Extreme Processor in it. It looks like an amazing TV, I hope that my bad luck with Sony TV's in the past are really a thing of the past.

21. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +290
      Should be a good set - what’s the warranty?

22. KodiaRok

KodiaRok
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      What do you mean ? It's the new XF 2018 Version from Sony with 2 Year Warranty.

I get the 55XF9005 for roughly 170 bucks cheaper then it's actual price. And the Review for this TV on this here makes it a very good choice, instead of going with a Samsung Q8.

I also did read about issues with PS4 Pro and Xbox One S / X with certain Samsung TV's with red flashing and black screen, etc. Something you don't get with other brands.

Also the Response time for this new XF Version is better then the XE, so perfect for gaming.

23. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +290
      I meant length of warranty. Sony is better than the Samsung even before discounts so seems good to me.

24. KodiaRok

KodiaRok
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      Well I had a different experience. Before I had my Samsung which is in my Living Room, I had a Sony TV. After one day the Warranty expired the TV had a black screen and Sony would not wanted to repair it under warranty despite just being it one day after warranty expired. I went then away from Sony and bought Samsung, which back then were really good TV's, that seems to have changed, since my Samsung is now almost 4 Years old but a very good 4K TV and still going strong.

I hope that this new Sony 55XF9005 will last longer then just 2 Years.

25. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +2,937
      We are blessed in the UK with 5-6 year warranties provided by shops as standard. Not the same elsewhere in Europe unfortunately.

Given your choices I think getting the new Sony XF for cheaper than the Samsung models is a good choice and you made the right decision. Sure you will love the new TV!

26. KodiaRok

KodiaRok
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      Cheers guys for all the Help.

My Sony 55XF9005 has just arrived :)

Attached Files:

27. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +2,937
      Wohoo! let us know what you think of the new TV!

28. KodiaRok

KodiaRok
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      I will give Feedback once my TV is Wall mounted and rdy to go. Now I just wait for a Table Arm, so I can move my Monitor away. If all works out, I should have it up and running this week.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    29. KodiaRok

KodiaRok
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      Hello there :)

Well, I was finally able to install the Monitor Arm and also install my new Sony TV on my Wall on Friday night.

On saturday I started with the Configuration on the Sony TV such as the Game Mode and HDR,etc...Also my Xbox One X needed some Settings to have HDR and 4K enabled.

I must say I am highly impressed by it's Image Quality.

Check my Pictures of some of my Games :)

Love it so far!

Attached Files:

30. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +2,937
      Fantastic! glad you are so happy and indeed those pictures look exemplary!! wow

31. KodiaRok

KodiaRok
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      Thanks a lot mate :)

You saved it for me too, I actually ordered at first the Samsung Q8F but was able to cancel the order. After I waited for the Confirmation that my Order has been cancelled, then I ordered the Sony with the Discount.

I may still need to tweak certain settings, but after spending a good 2 hours on saturday and getting to know the menu system it just got a lot better.

I also checked Netflix and watched some YouTube Videos as well. Especially the UHD Netflix content with HDR is simply amazing. The Brightness from this Sony TV seems higher then my older Samsung 4K TV.

My Smartphone does not take the best pictures, but the Brightness and Image Clarity on this TV is really really good.

Once again, thanks mate :)