• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Need a classy looking player for CDs

ChopperCharles

Standard Member
It's impossible to find a 5-disc CD changer component that doesn't look like some reject from the 80's. All of them are absolutely huge, big boxy affairs. I've seen a couple of 3 and 5 disc DVD changers that are slim and sleek... but how well do these changers work without a TV of any sort attached? Am I pretty much boned?

Charles.

RossFlet

Established Member
It's unclear to me whether you want to play multiple CDs, multiple DVDs or both. There's no need for a DVD player to be connected to a tele - it will still play a CD providing the audio outlets are connected to an audio amp. This is fine providing you're not fussy about quality as a CDP will perfom better with CDs. Classiness doesn't seem to be part a carousel type player which from my observations seem to be less popular these days with the rise of the iPod. Heaps of stylish single disc CDPs but style comes at a price.

Don't want boxiness? Have a look at the B&O 3200 or 9000. That's classy - but what does it sound like?

ChopperCharles

Standard Member
Know this is old, but ended up getting a different entertainment center setup where the components aren't so prominently displayed. Decided to do this after experimenting and realizing there is a lot of difference in the quality you get between different cd players.

Ended up with a Sony SCD-CE595 5-disc SACD changer, and couldn't be happier.

Charles.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom