Need a Buzzer every 10 minutes on a PC.

Axel40

Banned
Hi Gents,

Whats needed is a buzzer (or bell or whatever) that can be set to go off every 10 minutes on a Laptop.
Basically it needs to be easy to set up to go off at no set time of day, just launch the app, and it will Buzz/ring every 10 minutes until it's shut down.

It's for work so needs to be freeware.

Our IT guys seem to have a problem (Nerd noobs :laugh:) programming this so I will try to find something but if you guys know of anything I'd love to know of it please.
It doesn't affect them (cept makes em look more noob) if it doesn't get done so they are not exactly keen on getting it ready. Just more work for them I guess.

I need to have something working by Wednesday so if anyone uses or knows of something that can do the job it would be great!

Cheers chaps/chapesses :smashin:

2 options.

1 audio file that has 10 minutes of silence and then the buzzer. The other option is set a screensaver to go off after 10 minutes and get it to play the buzzer audio file.

Axel40

Banned
Thanks gents.

I've sorted it.

I have the perfect thing tailored to my needs by my Son.

He's a programmer for a gambling site but he (when he woke up :laugh:) said no probs.

Had it done in an hour.

Many thanks gents.:thumbsup:

FruitBat

You'd probably want to write a Windows service to do it properly, but it's quite easy to knock up something quick and dirty.

Step 1: Get hold of Visual Studio Express Editions. They're quite useful to have anyway. You'll need a Windows Forms edition (e.g. C#).
http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/visual-csharp-express

Step 2: Create a Windows Forms project. This will create a template with a single form in it (Form1).

Step 3: Drag and drop a Windows Forms Timer control from the toolbox onto the form.

Step 4: Add some code to the form as follows:

Code:
    public partial class Form1 : Form
    {
        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();

[COLOR="red"]            timer1.Interval = 600000;
            timer1.Enabled = true;[/COLOR]
        }

[COLOR="red"]        private void timer1_Tick(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            System.Media.SystemSounds.Beep.Play();
        }[/COLOR]

Simples.

Then you can improve it taking the timer interval from user input.

Edit: That'll teach me to refresh before posting.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom