Need a Bluray player to take over....

mark1000

Distinguished Member
From my PS3,

I'm looking for a 2d player to take the strain off my PS3, i need internet connection for picasa/flickr photo bucket if possible, also youtube, i'd like it to be quiet with as quick a startup as i can get for £200 or so, picture quality to match my PS3 would also be nice, i could pay more than £200 for the right machine.

Mark.

Damian1978

Seeing as no one has answered I will :)

Got rid of my PS3 Slim for similar reasons and took a chance with a Yamaha BD S667. Initially it was £190 but got it price matched to Hiway Hifi's price of £158 delivered.

BD picture is very natural. Not over sharpened with no hard edges and looks soo much like the natural picture from the PS3. Hardly any noise from the unit as no fan and a quick responsive drive.

Not tried the 2 channel outs but DVD performance is pretty decent.

No Youtube or online features but DNLA compatible and good file compatibility.

mark1000

Distinguished Member
Seeing as no one has answered I will :)

Got rid of my PS3 Slim for similar reasons and took a chance with a Yamaha BD S667. Initially it was £190 but got it price matched to Hiway Hifi's price of £158 delivered.

BD picture is very natural. Not over sharpened with no hard edges and looks soo much like the natural picture from the PS3. Hardly any noise from the unit as no fan and a quick responsive drive.

Not tried the 2 channel outs but DVD performance is pretty decent.

No Youtube or online features but DNLA compatible and good file compatibility.

Thanks for taking the time to answer, but i really do want the internet features if they are available. :)

Mark.

Damian1978

Maybe look out for the Sony S780 or S580. Seem well spec'd up but I wanted something that looked a bit more substantial :)

andyblu76

From my PS3,

I'm looking for a 2d player to take the strain off my PS3, i need internet connection for picasa/flickr photo bucket if possible, also youtube, i'd like it to be quiet with as quick a startup as i can get for £200 or so, picture quality to match my PS3 would also be nice, i could pay more than £200 for the right machine.

Mark.
well if you got ebay account there's a pionner bdplx53 brand new the seller has 5 availble with good feed back. for £199 free delivery too:smashin: that would be a fine!!!!! upgrade over your ps3

mark1000

Distinguished Member
Looks like i have the best option for what i want, the PS3, i bought a sony s380 yesterday after the salesman convinced me it would at least get me flickr.iplayer and youtube, well i had iplayer and youtube, but no flickr, so after an hour setting it up and registering it so i could get access to the sony user site, i found out that only sony TV's have flickr with the widgets, what a bloody waste of time.

Mark.

andyblu76

Looks like i have the best option for what i want, the PS3, i bought a sony s380 yesterday after the salesman convinced me it would at least get me flickr.iplayer and youtube, well i had iplayer and youtube, but no flickr, so after an hour setting it up and registering it so i could get access to the sony user site, i found out that only sony TV's have flickr with the widgets, what a bloody waste of time.

Mark.
hmm the s380 is no better then your ps3..take is back too the shop. dont waste your money mate.....look at the panasonic bdt210 or bdt310

mark1000

Distinguished Member
hmm the s380 is no better then your ps3..take is back too the shop. dont waste your money mate.....look at the panasonic bdt210 or bdt310

Thanks, i just had a look at those two, they almost fit the bill, except they don't have any of the iplayer/itv/ch5 catch up channels, i know i'm being picky and didn't ask for those in my OP, but i'd like a one box solution, so how come some players have iplayer but no five on demand or vise versa, or one has picasa but no flickr, i think i'm going to Wait 6 months and see what new tech arrives.

BTW, i took the s380 back to best buy, they gave me a refund and £20 to cover my fuel and time, now thats service for you, well done best buy.

Mark.

andyblu76

Thanks, i just had a look at those two, they almost fit the bill, except they don't have any of the iplayer/itv/ch5 catch up channels, i know i'm being picky and didn't ask for those in my OP, but i'd like a one box solution, so how come some players have iplayer but no five on demand or vise versa, or one has picasa but no flickr, i think i'm going to Wait 6 months and see what new tech arrives.

BTW, i took the s380 back to best buy, they gave me a refund and £20 to cover my fuel and time, now thats service for you, well done best buy.

Mark.
waw that is service:thumbsup:..
i cant think of any player will have all that.but as you said you could wait
at the moment there's only the new tv's that have them apps..like the new samsung tv's..im sure soon to follow will be blu ray players with more apps like iplayer ect..but not any time soon...

Andrew

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom