need a bit of advise about media pc

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by boharry82, Mar 28, 2006.

1. boharry82

boharry82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hiya all ok im a bit of a newbie to building pcs but im not stupid.
    ok my system

tv Samsung SP50L7HX
    av amp/reciver yamaha rx-v2600
    speakers :D monitor audio gs20`s gslcr gs10`s and the b&w pv1 all in piano black :cool:
    dvd player/cd player not worth mentioning (still doing up my system)

ok so what i want is a top of the range media pc my budget is up to £2000 i dont mind paying alot as long as the components are worth it.

i need somthing that can multi task well
    play some of the newest games very well
    surf the net
    stoar alot of digital media
    watch and record high def
    and alot more

i have looked at www.mediapc.tv and ive just selected the most expensive of each catagrie and i bet its a bad idea. i dont know if the components will match together, if it will be loud, over heat or what not

if some one could give me a bit of advise just let me know a good combination of components what sort of thing to go for or even let me know your own set up and how it is.

regards simon :hiya:

2. Media-Man

Media-Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    There are a few bundles on there designed to work together well and be quiet.

What exactly do you want from you HTPC (HD/decent games/slim-line/size no problem etc.)?

3. boharry82

boharry82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i want it to be good for games, hd veiwing recording im not bothered about the size but would like somthing quiet. also i want to conect it to my amp so would like to conect it through hdmi or if not component what ever gives the best results.

4. Media-Man

Media-Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    In that case, a good place to start would be the LC16m bundle - this is certainly quiet. You need to add storage(however much you neeed)/CPU(Socket 939 of choice) /RAM (1GB recommended) and Graphics card to this (6600GT)