1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a bit of advice Please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by millsy, Oct 21, 2002.

1. millsy

millsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I currently have the Eltax Millennium MovieBox from Richer Sounds and a 32" TV which is in the corner of the room. I cannot move the tv in the middle of the room (like in a cinema) so I have 2 choices as far as I can tell.

1) The front speakers are too big to fit either side of the telly, as the telly is in the corner, so should I sell the package (2 front 2 back and 1 center) and switch to smaller speakers such as the Eltax cinema5.1 (in richer sounds). If I sell how much do you think I shoud ask for (they are £199 in richer sounds). or

2) Put the front speakers on the wall on wall brackets with the tv in the corner and then put the back speakers on the back wall, with the center speak on the telly. So effectivly the front right speaker would be above the telly and the front left would be on the far left wall away from the telly.

I am going to purchase the new 1803 in the next few weeks but need to make me mind up on this problem first.

Hope this made sence and thanks for any help anyone gives

Ian

2. Tejpal

Tejpal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    What you propose doing with your front left and right speakers won't really work so it looks like the only option is to sell up and buy a sub / sat outfit. You may get away with just replacing the front three if funds are really tight.

The Sony Pascal speakers are not well thought of.

4. 7ThGuest

7ThGuest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a similar problem not having a great deal of room to play with. I looked at various packages (large speakers) and then had a demo of a set of Elac Cinema Sat 1's. These are only tiny little speakers about 6"x3" but put out an incredible amount of sound. I have a PS1000 sub which does help the bass a lot.

Having said that I have only been using them for the last week and am impressed with both 2ch and AV. Another upside is they can be bought seperately. I bought 5 @ £50 ea but then you have the option of going to 6.1 or 7.1 without having to upgrade 2 at a time.

They have had some good right-ups and won several awards, something definitely to think about. I got them from a local dealer (global hi-fi) in newcastle.

Elac Homepage

:)

5. millsy

millsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Wicked advice guys thanks alot

Ian

6. millsy

millsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Where can I get them speakers from please. Any where online? ive not managed to find them at £50 each.

thanks

Ian

7. millsy

millsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Is it possible to use the rear speakers as front speakers and the front speakers as rear speakers please. Just a thought as I might use them in the mean time till I have saved up some dosh.

thanks

Ian

8. 7ThGuest

7ThGuest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Millsy

I have to admit I'm not sure about buying them online as I said I got mine from a dealer in Newcastle:

Global HiFi

85 Clayton Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, NE1 5PY
    0191 230 3600

You could always give them a ring and see if they will send them out. They are a pretty good setup and they do give you a 2 week period to test them and if you don't like them swap them for sometnig else

I have put a couple of links that might be of use. I can't vouch for the companies I just did a searck to find re-sellers.

http://www.proaudiosystems.co.uk/acatalog/Surround_Sound___Home_Cinema.html

http://www.whatvideotv.com/testbenc...tbench/SpeakerPackages/Elac/ElacCinemaOne.php

Hope this helps

7ThGuest

:)

9. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    As long as the rear speakers are direct radiating and not bipole there is not reason why you can't swap them around as a temporary measure.

10. millsy

millsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Super people on these forums

thanks

Ian