Need a bit of advice on picking a LCD

R

Richard7

I am looking for a 32" LCDtv to use primarily with my PS3. I'll use it 95% for gaming on my PS3, and the other 5% for watching blu-ray movies, watching SD programs, showing pictures or other things. I want one because some games don't display correctly in SD and in non-widescreen. It doesn't have to be the best there is, I am only 16 years old and don't want to spend a fortune on the best tv out there, that's for when I'm older ;), it's just to solve those issues, and to have a better picture. I want to spend something like 600-800 euro's.

I've been looking for some good tv's in that price range, and I found these:
-Sony KDL-32V2500: 880,- (bit out of my price range)
-Toshiba 32C3000: 665,-
-LG 32LC2R: 600,-

Are these tv's any good? I'm a bit in a dilemma cause I don't want to spend too much, but on the other hand it is a pity when I spend 600 on a tv that turns out to be not so good and to have problems. Then I'd maybe rather spend some more on a good future proof tv that I can use for a long time.

So, are the tv's I mentioned any good/sufficient for the things I'll use them for? In particular do they have ghosting or lag issues? Or if they're not so good can you guys recommend other TV's? I started looking at Tv's like the Sony KDL-32D3000 and the Panasonic TX-32LX70, but will those TV's really be worth the extra money? Will they really give me a better experience, or are the ones I mentioned good enough?

Thanks in advance, I look forward to your advice/opinions.

Yep the 32LX70 and 32D3000,are better options and better than the others you mentioned!!But can you give that money that cost?

Hi,
The 32D3000 is 1100-1200 euro's and the 32LX70 is 1000-1200 euro's, so that's much more than the others. Taking this price into consideration, can you give some advice on my problem?

Where do you live?If you live on france or germany or netherlands I have prices searches and help you more!!!

Ok, so now these are my options in the 600-900 price range:
-Sony KDL-32V2500: 880,-
-Sony KDL-32S2530: 820,-
-Samsung LE-32R81B: 725,-
-LG 32LC2R: 600,-

Which one is the best?

32C3030 is the best choice(and best value for money!!Bout the PQ the best is 32V2500 and Sammy R81

32C3030 is the best choice(and best value for money!!Bout the PQ the best is 32V2500 and Sammy R81
So you mean that the 32C3030 is the best overall tv, but the sony and the samsung have better picutre quality? And between those two, who has the best? Isn't it better to pick the Sony or the Samsung then, because when I only use it for my PS3 PQ is by far the most important thing right?

Both sony and samsung are very good.So just I say the sony(as a sony fan)

Both sony and samsung are very good.So just I say the sony(as a sony fan)
Ok thanks!
I'll go to my local store today if possible to check them all out and decide there.
So when I go, these are the best tv's in my price range and these are the tv's I should be checking out? There aren't any other I should also look into as these are better?:
-Sony KDL-32V2500: 880,-
-Sony KDL-32S2530: 820,-
-Samsung LE-32R81B: 725,-

And between the 32V2500 and the 32S2530, which is better?
Thanks again.

EDIT: I'm also confused about all those different models from Samsung. What the hell is the difference between sets like the R81, R82, R83, R87 and R88??? Is the R81 the best?

The 32V2500 is a little better than the S2530.But again check out and the new 32S3000(Its better than the two)

All the samsung models are exactly the same(cosmetic differencies)

The 32V2500 is a little better than the S2530.But again check out and the new 32S3000(Its better than the two)

All the samsung models are exactly the same(cosmetic differencies)
Thanks.
Last question :): I can get the LG 32LC2R for 599 euro's from a local store, meaning I get more service than some cheap internet site, and more security.
That's a lot cheaper than the Samsung or Sony ones (725 and 880 respectively, and the 725 is from a site I don't really trust. Is the LG any good?

Avoid this model,and generally LG because of serious backlight bleeding problems

Ok thanks a lot I'll go to the store today and decide between the other models.

Ok, I narrowed down my choice between the cheaper Samsung 32R81B and the more expensive Panasonic TX-32LX70. I can get the Samsung for 735,- and the Panasonic for 940,-. The 32V2500 is 880 so I decided that when I'm going to spend more money than 735,- I'll pay the 60 euro's extra for the Panasonic. My question is this: How good is the Samsung one? I know the Panasonic is very good, but how good is the Samsung compared to the Panasonic? Is there much difference between them? and does 100Hz give a clearly better performance with fast video games? Again thanks for the help this is the last thing I need to know before going to the store.

The 100Hz make a difference,especially on football.So it a better tv than the samsung.(but the samsung is still a very good choice).Among all the other tv's you mentioned its the best!!!

The 100Hz make a difference,especially on football.So it a better tv than the samsung.(but the samsung is still a very good choice).Among all the other tv's you mentioned its the best!!!
But is there a LARGE difference between the Samsung and the Panasonic?

Not large difference

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom