Need a bigger car

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by BigStu1972, Sep 2, 2013.

1. BigStu1972

BigStu1972

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,872
    I currently drive a Peugeot 307 but since baby 2 arrived a couple of months ago I’ve realised that the car is a little small now for our needs.
    Being tall I have to have the seat back as far as it goes which means I can’t actually fit the baby car seat behind me, although my Daughters car seat (she’s 2) will fit but only just.
    Anyway I guess I’m either looking for an MPV or large estate car (Mondeo size) but don’t have much in the way of spare cash so am limited to around £3000.
    Can anyone recommend a suitable car for around that price?
    Oh, one last thing, a diesel would be preferable due to the rising cost of petrol. If no Diesel then a 1.8 petrol is probably big enough.

Thanks in advance

2. wack

wack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    Diesel cars in that price band can be a bit of a minefield, you might think you'll save money on fuel but any fault can wipe out any savings instantly

DPF £400
    Dual mass flywheel and clutch £700
    Injectors £150'each plus fitting
    Turbo £500
    Injector pump £500

Fine if you want a new car but if the 307 is reliable I'd live with it , it's a family sized car

3. foregone

foregone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    The latest shape Vauxhall Vectra estate is worth a look. I've had one for the past 4 years and while not the most exciting car to drive, it fits the bill perfectly.......it's massive!

I'm in the same boat being tall (6ft 5) and getting the kids behind me when I'm driving is a big stumbling block. The Vectra estate has a longer wheelbase than the hatchback and there are acres of space in the back, not to mention the boot. Been a reliable car too, 57 plate with 143k miles and no nasty surprises.