Need a 19" LCD TV for the kitchen or bedroom

S

simon1985

Hi all, I need to decide on a 19" LCD TV to buy for the kitchen/ Bedroom and have around £150 to play with. If anyone could recommend me a TV with the best picture around this budget it would be much appreciated. I'm not expecting miracles in terms of picture quality at this budget but I'm trying to find one, which is good enough for the kitchen/ bedroom.
These are the ones I'm looking at the moment:

Toshiba 19AV505DB 19" LCD With Freeview
Sharp LC - 19 LCD TV - Widescreen
SAMSUNG LE19R86BDX/XEU
Samsung SM932MW

If you have any opinions or recommendations I'd really appreciate it! Cheers guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a Sharp Aquos LC19D1E-BK. It's a good little TV with plenty of inputs and very compact. It's a really solid build and very thin too. It's only drawbacks are that the internal speakers aren't very powerful. It's not really an issue in quiet rooms but if you have to turn the volume up you'll start to notice some distortion before it gets too loud. It's not great for gaming either, but I'm not sure if you're interested in this. If you just want it as a secondary TV to watch Freeview/DVDs then it's a very nice set.

As one of my main reasons for upgrading to LCD from CRT was to play HD games I decided to trade the Sharp in for a Samsung T200HD. It doesn't feel as well built as the Sharp but it's much better for gaming and the internal speakers are better too.

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking about getting the Sharp LC19D1EBK, It got an amazing review on the trusted reviews websites and a lot of people seem quite happy with this set. Its a shame that john lewis are out of stock as they throw in a 5 year guaranttee with the set at 200.
Do you think the samsung is much more of a better set in terms of picture quality? The sharp seems to have a really good picture from the reviews I've heard.
I might go into town tomorrow and see if my local jl has it in stock.
Thanks again for the feed back:thumbsup:

The best thing you can do is go to a store and see for yourself. I wouldn't say that the TV picture quality is that much better but for gaming it certainly is. I'm pretty sure the Samsung has a higher resolution, can't remember the exact specs.

I was in Richer Sounds (Croydon) today and they had both of these TVs on display. I didn't pay too much attention to the Sharp so I couldn't say if the difference in picture quality is that noticeable. Might be worth having a look in RS. They do a 5 year warranty for 10% of the value of the TV so it won't be that much more expensive than JL.

Thanks, I'll have a look round town tomorrow and check the TV's out. Hopefully they will have some in stock, a lot of stores on the net seem to be out of stock on a lot of TV's at the moment. Cheers

I think a lot of online stores must have exhausted their supplies over the Christmas/January sales period. I find it's best to pick the biggest retailers to check out what's on offer (fortunately I live near to major PC World, Comet and Currys stores) and then try to find a better price online. If that's not possible then try John Lewis (for the 5 year warranty and 28 day returns period) or Richer Sounds (they have some sort of 'price beating' policy and they'll throw in a 5 year warranty for about 10% of the product's price).

Good luck and happy hunting.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom