Need 4 x stereo in a room

ivan1912

Standard Member
Hey guys need some help.

In one room I want to put 4 ceiling 100/180w speakers and I need to know what type of amplifier to hook them up to so that I have the exact same sound and strength coming out of each speaker. So basiclly I want 4 x stereo, and I want a sub.

thx

cunny678

Distinguished Member
Are you saying you want four speakers in the ceiling so 2 left channel speakers and two right? Also how much do you want to spend/ How bigs the room? How loud will you play music? What sort of music will you be playing?

ivan1912

Standard Member
Are you saying you want four speakers in the ceiling so 2 left channel speakers and two right? Also how much do you want to spend/ How bigs the room? How loud will you play music? What sort of music will you be playing?

Yeap, that what I'm saying. It's for my dental office, it will play music 95% of the time softly, and 5% when I'm partying with the nurses loudly hehe :)

But, you hit it on the head. I'm not really looking to spend alot, just need and idea of what components I need to buy to set this up properly

ivan1912

Standard Member
got the speakers, just need to know how to wire everything up. I'm a tottal noob at this, so "cook book" style help is more then welcome!

ivan1912

Standard Member
Magnat

Magnat Interior IC 82 got 4 of them

Equipment: 1x200, 1x19 mm
Power handling RMS/ max: 100/180 watts
Impedance: 4-8 ohms
Frequency response: 32-35000 Hz
Crossover frequency: 3500 Hz
Recommended amplifier output: 20-180 Watts
Sensitivity: 91 db
Outerdiameter (BxH): 272 mm
Cutting Out: 238 mm
Mounting Depth: 100 mm
Cabinet surface: white

ivan1912

Standard Member
Great! I have a A/V reciver, now I want to know is how I can hook the 4 speakers to it so that it plays 2 speaker left and 2 speakers right channel.

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
the speakers look like single stereo speakers can you confirm the connection on each speaker please. also what aV reciever do you have?

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Connect each channel as

Amplifier + to first speaker +
First Speaker - to second speaker +
Second Speaker - to Amplifier -

Ie in series.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom