Need 1080p LCD without overscan <£600 and >37"

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by matrixdub, Feb 1, 2009.

1. matrixdub

matrixdub
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh man, when did prices star going UP as time went on???

After being stung on a £500 LG 32" that did not allow me to disable its overscan I'm now in the market for a 37" or above set. I had the LG for a few years so thought prices would be around the £500 mark for 1080p 37" and above. I saw the Sony 40v4000 at John Lewis and Richer Sounds for £500 but by the time I went to order they were sold out and everywhere else was either selling at £600 or sold out. I bit the bullet and called one of the stores that I saw that had it for £600 yesterday and they are now sold out, and all other online shops are selling it for over £700! What the hell??

Anyway, I couldn't care less if it was Sony or not but I heard that model was pretty good and would allow me to turn overscanning off.

Any ideas on other models for around the same price that match the needs in the title? I've looked at a few other threads like this one but can't find definite info in them regarding overscan. Seen this, but again, not much info regarding overscan.

Much appreciated!!

2. cozzykim

cozzykim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have just bought the Toshiba 42XV555DB for under £600 from the Co-op (with a little haggling) and it has an option for "EXACT SCAN" (i.e. 1920x1080 1:1 pixels) in the aspect ratio menu which is enabled when connected to a PC via DVI-HDMI

HTH

3. matrixdub

matrixdub
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh my God, price has gone up by 20% so it is now as expensive as the John Lewis 40v4000 so no way I'm buying a 37" for the price I could have got a 40" by another decent manufacturer.

Bt shop have it for the old price but no decent delivery slot. Any other models please?

4. matrixdub

matrixdub
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sainsbury's had the 37" toshiba for £391 so I got that. Seems decent but I can't find the "auto sync" button on it. Any help please?