1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC XG75 – the saga continues....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by crispybig, Apr 9, 2005.

1. crispybig

crispybig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    “Very decent NEC XG75 just sold for only £521 on Ebay, a remarkable deal!”

Remember that thread from September last year? Well, it’s deja-vu all over again, but this time the same PJ sold for £360. I was the (un?)lucky buyer. Time will tell....

But this time I think it was a realistic price given that its condition has deteriorated somewhat. 1) The September purchaser had returned the PJ as it “wouldn’t stay on the channels”. I didn’t know this until after I’d won it – I had emailed the buyer but he didn’t reply until after the auction had closed. :mad: 2) At some point the 120V PJ had been plugged into 240V and it was stone dead. This info WAS in the auction details. 3) It has spent some time kicking around in a warehouse or two and consequently it has suffered cosmetically. The latter saddens me with all such items as it’s easily avoidable.

Anyway, enough of the negatives, as (I hope) things are beginning to turn around. :thumbsup: Spent today poking around in the LVPS and I think I’ve got that well sussed. One of the smoothing electrolytics has gone pop, and taken a surge protection resistor with it. This is right at the mains input, so hopefully the damage won’t have been propagated.

Direct replacements for both components are available, so I’ll find out whether it’s good or bad news on Monday. Then to find out exactly what “won’t stay on channel” means!

I’ve just read Vince’s thread about the XG 110LC, and I can’t wait to see the picture from this XG 75 as my first “true” eight-incher (I have a few PGs already).

It appears that XGs (NECs in general?) are pretty thin on the ground in the UK, but I’m wondering if there are any XG spare parts, or parts XGs, out there with forum members?

When/if I fix the LVPS I will still have to use the step down transformer. Ideally I’d like to swap the 120V LVPS with a 240V one (I have the relevant part numbers). Actually, I only need the LVPS “A” board, as the more complicated “B” board is common to both types of power supply.

Anybody out there that can help with this?

Oh, and wish me luck...... :smashin:

2. Vince M

Vince M
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Chris,
    Contact Curt Palme-He has a few NEC spares.

3. crispybig

crispybig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Vince,

That's the next step - thought I'd try locally first. More chance of a 230V version over here. BTW, still awaiting the parts to fix the current LVPS. Should arrive tomorrow.

4. crispybig

crispybig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    This is a picture of a NEC lens focus plate. Nothing to do with this thread, it's just so Andy can see it. I was PM'ing him about it, and couldn't work out how to attach pics to PMs, so hijacking my own thread!

Attached Files: