NEC VT440 - recommendations?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Stever, Jan 14, 2001.

1. Stever

Stever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am currently comparing the spec of the Tosh MT1 and Sanyo PLV30 (see post below). I have now read some very good reviews of the NEC VT440, particularly in the French press (where it has been the recommended LCD projector in several magazines). I particularly like the fact that it has 1100 ANSI Lumens, as I am likely to project with some ambient light.

Does anyone have first-hand experience of this projector and would like to post any comments?

Steve

2. TONYBOY

TONYBOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a demo of the VT 440 a couple of weeks ago. At that time I was looking for a small portable unit for business use so opted for the Plus US-880. Also saw the Sony WHT, could not see any real difference between it and the NEC so I am going back for another demo soon as I am in the process of setting up a new home system. Will let you know what I decide on.

3. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to bring up an ooooooold thread, but did you guys look at the nec again? its a good price and offers double the lumens of the sanyo, i cant find anything about the contrast ratio, im used to 500:1 from my dlp

Mike