NEC VT 700 Projector image problems! PLEASE HELP

ajqb79

Standard Member
I have a NEC VT 700 projector that is about 2 yrs old. I have been having issues with getting my blueray, DVD or ATT uverse to display correctly through the DVI- HDMI cable. I have been having this issue for a while now and originally thought it was due to my stereo receiver not having HDMI inputs. Basically the image goes from a normal screen to a screen with crazy colored lines, white screen or half black half green. It seems to me that it does this once my peripheral equipment is turned on. It doesn't happen all the time, but periodically it does and is very frustrating because the only way to get it back the the normal looking image is to power off the projector, un plug is and wait 2-3 minutes, then try the processes over. Sometimes I have to do this 2-3 times before it resets itself.

This is what I've done so far. I've purchased a new Pioneer stereo that has the necessary HDMI inputs- problem still continues

I've replaced the bulb, since the original one burned out from frequent shut offs- no change

I've tried a shorter 6' DVI-HDMI cable (from my current 16ft' cable) - still no change.

Next step is to contact NEC for repairs......

This is difficult to correctly explain, but here is an example. I powered up the projector the other night so my daughter could watch Tangled on blueray. It worked fine, the image was displaying correctly, everything was good. I accidentally turned the input knob instead of the volume not while the moving was playing, which changed the input from the blueray to the DVD and the projector screen diplayed vertical lines of green, blue and white.......It took my 5 times of doing the on-off thing discribed above before I could get it back one correctly.

One suggestion I've heard is HDCP thing interfering....

I'm looking for any input.....Sorry for the lenght of this post...

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom