1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC PG6000 No Remote!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by johnnyjonjon, Sep 22, 2004.

1. johnnyjonjon

johnnyjonjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, Im having some trouble here. I jsut recently purchased an NEC pg6000 with one of those intelligent switchers (ISS-6010). I am having quite a difficult time setting her up. Is it possible to do without a remote? Or do I have to spend an extra $100 to get one? Also with hooking up the switcher, it was giving me a flashing E3 error code when I would turn it on. I flipped all the dipps down on the output card (stand-alone mode), and it "switches" although I dont think it is communicating with the projector that way. The switch came with the projector and the pin 8 on the dip was the only one on. I have the 15 pin d-sub cable connecting the two, but no BNC connectors for R,G,B,VS, and HS. I just want to see a picture on the thing before spending too much more money, I dont care that everything is upside down right now. This forum is awesome by the way, and thank you to all that share your knowledge.
    ~Johnny

2. johnnyjonjon

johnnyjonjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I might as well reply to myself. Turns out the cable I bought to hook the switchbox up to the projector was missing a pin. (The number 9) which I guess is very important. I rigged in an extra wire in there and now they are communicating. I got the image flipped also by opening up the case and flipping some connectors around. I cant get the DVD to play on this thing. I woudl ike to use the input on the projector because it has an S-video port, but for some reason it wont recognize it. I dont have the 5-BNC to 5-BNC connector to hook up the switchbox to the projector yet, nor do I have a remote. I hope this thing looks good!
    Any advice woudl be great. And do I really need that remote? Where is the best place to get one? New or Used?
    Long Day,
    Johnny

3. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you selected the right video input from the '4/ Input Select' menu and also flipped the video/s-video switch?
    If you haven't got a manual for it you can download one from http://www.crtcinema.com/manuals.html

John

4. mklung

mklung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently got a pg6000 as well, although since I have nowhere to put it and the wife is getting tired of it taking up space, might be getting rid of it soon (price was too good to pass up....anyone in the US want one?). For what its worth, I've found the setup with the GE Imager software and a laptop/PC much easier than with the setup remote....