1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC MT830+ Problems :S

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mobbarley, Sep 8, 2005.

1. mobbarley

mobbarley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, i've been a frequent vouyer but time for my first post.

I have an NEC MT-830+ and have a few problems I was hoping someone could answerl.

Firstly, the blue element seems to be out of alignment. with a convergance pattern you can see that it is way off, but only on the left hand 5% or so side for the screen. This leavs an annoying yellow edge to bright images with a blue shadow.

Secondly, I have recently trial fitted the projector on a shelf facing 90 Degrees to the screen with a mirror in between. The nec has a "rear floor" option which does the horisontal flip. However when this mode is turned on there are some noticable image problems, mostly a few blue vertical lines which I would assume to be say, a dead column in the LCD. These lines disapear again when the flipping is turned off.

What do you think? Is my projector in need of NEC service? or is there anything I can try?

Regads,
    John R.

2. sweli

sweli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mobbarley,

Just wondered if you got anywhere with your problems on your NEC MT830?

I have an MT1030+ and cannot get into the menus to fix my color issues. I have magenta shadow lines, which I think is a convergence issue.

If you could let me know what your fixes were, I'd appreciate it.
    Did you find a way into the service menus?
    Do you have a service manual for yours?

thx

3. Vuthapich

Vuthapich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    Please help I had a new lamp on my MT830+ am trying to reset it but don't know how please help thank you for your time.