1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC LT series INCAPABLE of displaying 576p correctly??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by takisot, Oct 30, 2003.

1. takisot

takisot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello everybody.I own a philipd dvd963sa and I have it connected with a nec lt-75z pj.The picture is great via NTSC but when I try to obtain pal-progressive ("unproccesed" option from the dvd menu) from a pal dvd, I get a green picture.I asked nec europe and they told me that my pj supports pal-progr.But then I read the following post at the american avsforum that got me worrying:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by AlexP
    Hello again,

Guys from NEC tech support told me that LT series is INCAPABLE of displaying 576p correctly. While I still hold a hope that they're wrong ( ) - 1 question arises:

Is 963sa capable of downconverting PAL discs to 480p ? If so, what happens to the quality?

Alex
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it true that LT series is INCAPABLE of displaying 576p correctly??If yes, does anybody know how to address this problem?HELP!!

PO

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I think the yanks are right, I had an NEC of similar vintage for a while, 1st PJ. It was not pal progressive, and a green screen was the result. The 963 will not do a pal-ntsc conversion, maybe the other way round! (waits to be loudly contradicted here..:rolleyes: ) But why should you want it to? 480 vertical resolution, and you do know what NTSC stands for? Never the same colour. No, you're better off with Pal interlaced, I'm sure it's pretty good. If I'm right and there's no 576P on the PJ there's no cure, hack or workaround. It's new PJ time if you are that bothered. The difference is not chalk and cheese or anything, just a little bit here and there.

3. takisot

takisot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply!Actually the 963 does have an option either to output 576p "unprocessed" or downconvert it to 480p.the latter works in my system beatifully !I could not believe in my eyes that the image I was taking was from the same pal disc I used to watch with my old denon 2800!!Regarding interlace output ,well......in comparison to progressive it has "night and day " difference!Once you go prog. you never go back!Cheers

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Your PJ must have poor deinterlacing in that case, but now you;ve cracked it, no problem. I now have a sanyo, you have to get out of your seat and peer at the image carefully to see the difference, source is a 2900