1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nec ht1000

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kid rock, Jan 24, 2004.

1. kid rock

kid rock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Nec Ht1000 a stupid question:rolleyes:

Why is it that I cannot adjust the resolution on this pj from automatic to native on anything other than the RGB input via VGA?

I have scanned the manual and it seems to confirm my belief that resolution can be changed from auto to native on all inputs ie component etc. I only ask this as I would like to compare 16:9 material with the advanced accublend turned on or off on dvd material and from my Sky digibox...Looked at all the material available ie various reviews- Kramers for example -with no answer.

Great pj though.

Kid Rock

NEC HT1000, NEC PLasmasync, Silicon Images I scan pro,Pioneer 737 multi region,Arcam avr200, Mission cinema 7, B+w asw 675, Grundig sky digibox.:hiya:

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,092
    I wasn't able to get 'native' except via vga either.

I tried DVI but the native option was ghosted, though I thought you should be able to go native with either vga or dvi, but not the other analogue inputs. There's a newer firmware available:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349562

It's meant to fix the sync proplems found when using scart via the vga input - you'd often get a macrovision style interference from many rgb sources. Not sure if it fixes anything else though.

Gary.

3. kid rock

kid rock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Gary thanks for the confirmation that its not just my 1000 that does this. NEC have told me by phone that native is only available on a vga -rgb input. By the way how did you go about calibrating the NEC and what are the sources you are using. I only ask this as I think my Pioneer dv737 needs to find a place in retirement soon, as its beginning to look its age and I think the NEC needs a better dvd source than my old machine. . ie dvi enabled Marantz 8400.

Cheers
    Kid Rock:)

4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,092
    I always set the white and black levels of any DVD player by using the needle pulse tests in Avia. I use the black bars for the black, and dual white/black for the whites, as the dual display can blind you a tad for setting the black level correctly.

You may find that as the DVI input doesn't allow you to adjust contrast and brightness, you may ave to ajust it at the player, though that's not ideal. The other way is to untick the white balance, and adjust the RGB values equaly in the pj.

For full calibration of colour, I did get the SMART III kit from the USA, but due to other projects I have at the moment, I haven't really had much time to go through the entire process. The HT1000 is pretty good for greyscale anyway - if you use Avia to show the ire grey bars, they're grey from white to black with no obvious colour shift. Any imbalance would show as a colour tinge.

Initial checks show that the red is a little low, though to my untrained eye, the colour wasn't green/blue. Someone with more experience would probably spot it though. :)

HTH

Gary