1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC HT1000 with native 16:9 ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by keyser, Jun 10, 2003.

1. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Are NEC planing to release a 16:9 projector with similar specs as the HT1000?

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Nothing being talked about yet. I had heard they were gonna be watching the success (or otherwise) of the HT1000. I'm guessing that has proved such a success (judging by comments at AVS) that they must have something in the pipeline.

Only time will tell. Meanwhile the HT1000 is such a stunner with DVD material you'd be daft not to consider it :) Have you seen the HD screen shots over at AVS. Stonking :smashin:

3. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I know it probably looks great, but it would look even better with native 16:9 :) Especially with the latest 720p DVI DVD players. Maybe the Infocus 7200 is the way to go.

4. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    I've had both (HT1000 & MT8) on demo side by side. I prefer the HT1000 for DVD material due to the richer more film like image (probably due to the higher contrast) and I didn't think the detail was at all lacking on the HT in comparison to the MT8.

Now, when I moved to HCPC then the MT8 came into it's own due to the higher res panels.

5. Technophobe

Technophobe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have I missed something here?
    Are 720P DVD Players available? I'm assuming they scale from DVD to 720P which presumably has no advantage over the projectors scaler?
    I'm refering to my post today of 720P on the sharp 9000 that looked brill, hence my interest in this at the moment.

Technophobe

6. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    It's not so much the 720p bit that makes the difference but the fact that they use DVI so the data stays in the digital domain from DVD to projector.

And yes, they are available. Models such as the Bravo D1 and Momitsu V880 (2 of which have just been sold in the classifieds forum by Ian Guinan).

7. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The Bravo, Momitsu and Samsung hd-931 all do deinterlacing and scaling and send it out digitally via DVI. So you loose the D/A steps.. and the scaling is probably even better since it´s done with a "cleaner" source.

8. Technophobe

Technophobe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds cool. If only I had DVI:mad:

Technophobe

9. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There seem to be incompatibility issues with some HDCP DVI displays. Doesn´t work properly for all displays. I think the bravo sends out 720p/1080i without HDCD which is illegal.. but V tech is such a small company that noone cares yet.

Nota that only(I think) the momitsu works with pal.. which is typical and sucks.