Nec Ht1000 ghosting effect

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jacs0046, Sep 21, 2003.

1. jacs0046

jacs0046

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi just install my new Ht1000 ,with 25 feet of high grade component video cable,and i noticed an obvious ghosting effect , easy to see on letters in main titles of movies.Any owner of Ht1000 has had that problem ?
    Thanks
    Jacs

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,767
    I don't get that on mine - what films is it on? It could be Edge Enhancment which is added to some DVDs so that edges look sharper on smaller tvs.

I use 10m Profigold component cable (£28+ VAT from CPCs), but I didn't get it on their 5m cheapy cable either (< £5 +vat), so I don't think it's your cable.

Is the ghosting all around, or just to one side? Have you tried the other inputs such as s-video or composite from the same player? Some have EE built in as a 'feature' so that might be the culprit. What player is it?

Gary.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never experienced that either during my spell with the HT1000.

Echo what Gary has said. Eliminate the cables as a possible problem & try with different sources etc..

I'm sure you'll have it sorted very soon.

:smoke:

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Echo the advice about trying different cables...... also check cable routing etc.

You should also check the brightness and contrast settings on the PJ - a calibration with Avia or similar never goes amiss, though the HT1000 should be good to go out of the box.

Sean G.